    an audio insert and why? It's well done but I don't remeber this from
    the original. Or are my ears just playig tricks on me with the new DTS
    soundtrack?
    Glog, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Glog

    SDamien3 Guest

    >In the first scene were Tony is being questioned before being hauled
    >off to the internment camp, the officer questioning him seems to be
    >speaking with Charles Durning's voice. Does anyone else know if this is
    >an audio insert and why? It's well done but I don't remeber this from
    >the original. Or are my ears just playig tricks on me with the new DTS
    >soundtrack?

    No, your ears aren't playing tricks with you. The sounds-like-Charles-Durning
    looping has been in "Scarface" ever since the original 1983 release. For years
    I've wondered about whether this was truly Charles Durning's voice, but I've
    never seen a credit nor heard any gossip about it.

    cheers,
    steven

    "The Han Solo I grew up with would never have let Greedo get the jump on him."
    SDamien3, Oct 2, 2003

  3. On 02 Oct 2003 07:19:03 GMT, pamfart (SDamien3) wrote:

    >>In the first scene were Tony is being questioned before being hauled
    >>off to the internment camp, the officer questioning him seems to be
    >>speaking with Charles Durning's voice. Does anyone else know if this is
    >>an audio insert and why? It's well done but I don't remeber this from
    >>the original. Or are my ears just playig tricks on me with the new DTS
    >>soundtrack?

    >No, your ears aren't playing tricks with you. The sounds-like-Charles-Durning
    >looping has been in "Scarface" ever since the original 1983 release. For years
    >I've wondered about whether this was truly Charles Durning's voice, but I've
    >never seen a credit nor heard any gossip about it.
    >
    >cheers,
    >steven
    >

    >"The Han Solo I grew up with would never have let Greedo get the jump on him."

    It is Mr. Durning, says IMDB

    Doc Speedbyrd
    Monsewer Byrd, Oct 2, 2003