    set - what does the less expensive "Anniversary Edition" have on it that's
    missing from the "Gift Set"so that they could fit the 1932 version on the
    "Gift Set" without going to a 3rd DVD...?

    Richard Gordon, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Richard Gordon

    d a v e Guest

    "Richard Gordon" <> wrote in message
    news:Fnidb.6281$...
    > If the new "Anniversary Edition" ("AE") release of Scarface is a 2 DVD

    set -
    > and the new more expensive (about twice the cost) "Scarface Gift Set"

    (which
    > also includes the original 1932 version w/Paul Muni) is also just a 2 DVD
    > set - what does the less expensive "Anniversary Edition" have on it that's
    > missing from the "Gift Set"so that they could fit the 1932 version on the
    > "Gift Set" without going to a 3rd DVD...?

    if you scroll down here:
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=320010
    it looks like the 1932 version is it's own disc...

    d a v e

    d a v e, Sep 27, 2003

  3. I just got the big black box - the Hawks Scarface is indeed its own disc
    in its own package. It's a handsome box but I haven't figured out where
    to store it yet. Nice money clip.

    Brockhurst Pertwee, Sep 27, 2003
  4. "Brockhurst Pertwee" <> wrote in message
    > I just got the big black box - the Hawks Scarface is indeed its own disc
    > in its own package. It's a handsome box but I haven't figured out where
    > to store it yet. Nice money clip.

    Thanks for clarifying. So, the "Gift Box" set is really 3 discs afer all
    (the 2 disc Anniversary Edition, plus a separate 1932 Scarface disc).
    Strange that CDUniverse & Amazon both describe the "Gift Box" set and the
    Anniversary Edition" as each being 2 disc sets...

    If there are no tradeoffs, I guess I'll be buying that "Gift Box" set after
    all...

    Richard Gordon, Sep 28, 2003
  5. No tradeoffs. When you open the box the 2 disc package of Scarface that
    will be available separately is there, lying in a coffin-like
    red-lining. That lifts up to reveal the lobby cards (well,
    mini-lobbies) the money clip and the separate Hawks Scarface package.

    Brockhurst Pertwee, Sep 28, 2003
  6. Richard Gordon

    Phil7101 Guest

    >No tradeoffs. When you open the box the 2 disc package of Scarface that
    >will be available separately is there, lying in a coffin-like
    >red-lining. That lifts up to reveal the lobby cards (well,
    >mini-lobbies) the money clip and the separate Hawks Scarface package.

    So first you get the lobby cards...then you get the money clip...then you get
    the women?

    Phil7101, Sep 28, 2003
  7. Richard Gordon

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Phil7101" <6> wrote in message
    >No tradeoffs. When you open the box the 2 disc package of Scarface
    >that will be available separately is there, lying in a coffin-like
    >red-lining. That lifts up to reveal the lobby cards (well,
    >mini-lobbies) the money clip and the separate Hawks Scarface package.

    <<So first you get the lobby cards...then you get the money clip...then
    you get the women?>>

    No, next comes the cocaine -- then the women.

    Scot Gardner, Sep 28, 2003
  8. I6 (Phil7101) wrote in message news:<>...
    > >No tradeoffs. When you open the box the 2 disc package of Scarface that
    > >will be available separately is there, lying in a coffin-like
    > >red-lining. That lifts up to reveal the lobby cards (well,
    > >mini-lobbies) the money clip and the separate Hawks Scarface package.

    > So first you get the lobby cards...then you get the money clip...then you get
    > the women?

    yes, but you won't get the old, rabidly conservative, intellectual
    jewish women until you do a rumsfeldian pentagon press conference.
    however, if you offer a free "neocon girls gone wild" t-shirt, you may
    get to see their boobs.

    Marty Feldman, Sep 30, 2003