    --
    Gordon Niessen
    If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.
    Gordon Niessen, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Gordon Niessen

    CSM1 Guest

    "Gordon Niessen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I had a friend scan some slides with his flatbed scanner that has a
    > slide attachment. But the contrast seems bad and they are very dark.
    > Anyone have some recommendations of a scanner for under $300 that can
    > do a better job? My dad has a lot of slides that I would like to save
    > digitally.
    >
    > --
    > Gordon Niessen
    > If you aren't on the bleeding edge, you are history.

    Wayne Fulton has a list of current film scanners. 2700-2800 ppi scanners are
    somewhat less than $300.
    http://www.scantips.com/basic13f.html

    The Minolta Scan Dual III is very popluar.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    CSM1, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Gordon Niessen, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Gordon Niessen

    Christian Guest

    Gordon Niessen wrote:

    > I had a friend scan some slides with his flatbed scanner that has a
    > slide attachment. But the contrast seems bad and they are very dark.
    > Anyone have some recommendations of a scanner for under $300 that can
    > do a better job? My dad has a lot of slides that I would like to save
    > digitally.

    If you're after a flatbed then check out the Epson 3200.
    Christian, Nov 6, 2003