    TIA

    --
    There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.

    Ockham's Razor, Aug 15, 2006

  2. Ockham's Razor

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Ockham's Razor wrote:

    > Anyone here have any experience with the Canon LiDE 600F as a photo
    > scanner? And, how is the software?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > --
    > There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.

    best place for this is either

    alt.comp.periphs.scanner
    or
    comp.periphs.scanners

    that is if you fail to get a reply here
    --
    Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Aug 16, 2006

  3. Ockham's Razor

    Guest

    Well, I've never heard of a particularly bad scanner from Canon... But
    just a couple of things - if that's a 600ppi - that's OK for
    resolution, but it's not *great* - most budget scanners these days
    start at 1200...

    Also, you know how scanners are often used for pictures of jewellery
    and other small 3d objects? Well, I think you will find the LIDE
    scanners have very little depth of field, so those sort of shots of
    objects will be pretty bad. In other words it is OK for photos and
    documents, but not 'things' with any depth.

    Ockham's Razor wrote:
    > Anyone here have any experience with the Canon LiDE 600F as a photo
    > scanner? And, how is the software?
    >
    > TIA

    , Aug 16, 2006