    Wery

    Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
    Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

    Pictures, Nov 2, 2006

  2. Pictures

    Colin_D Guest

    Pictures wrote:
    > I just tried to scan instamatic 126, +/- 25mm*25mm film with my Cannon 9900F
    > Flatbed Scanner. The Canonscan software does not recognize this format and
    > distributes the foto as the were regular 35mm foto's. I use the 35mm frame.
    > With the result that the software seems not to be able to put one pictue in
    > one frame. Most of the pictures are displayed in two halfs in one frame. How
    > can I solve this problem?
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Wery

    > Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
    > 2044 spam-mails zijn er tot op heden geblokkeerd.
    > Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

    Tried sitting them in the 120 film frame? Might work ...
    Colin D.

    Colin_D, Nov 2, 2006

  3. Pictures

    Frank ess Guest

    Colin_D wrote:
    > Pictures wrote:
    >> I just tried to scan instamatic 126, +/- 25mm*25mm film with my
    >> Cannon 9900F Flatbed Scanner. The Canonscan software does not
    >> recognize this format and distributes the foto as the were regular
    >> 35mm foto's. I use the 35mm frame. With the result that the
    >> software
    >> seems not to be able to put one pictue in one frame. Most of the
    >> pictures are displayed in two halfs in one frame. How can I solve
    >> this problem? Best regards,
    >>
    >> Wery

    These 126-size images were scanned by a (now out of production) HP
    PhotoSmart S20 35mm scanner. It seems the film fits. The HP software
    wanted to impose 35mm proportions and size, but offered a means of
    changing the frame to match the images. Maybe you know someone with a
    film scanner you can try?

    http://www.fototime.com/inv/4E7A42D4A5AC9C0

    Curt Anderson photos from the 60s and 70s, Riverside International
    Raceway, California.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Nov 3, 2006
  4. Pictures

    tomm42 Guest

    Re: Scanning instamatic 126 with Cannon 9900F Flatbed

    On Nov 2, 4:33 pm, "Pictures" <> wrote:
    > I just tried to scan instamatic 126, +/- 25mm*25mm film with my Cannon 9900F
    > Flatbed Scanner. The Canonscan software does not recognize this format and
    > distributes the foto as the were regular 35mm foto's. I use the 35mm frame.
    > With the result that the software seems not to be able to put one pictue in
    > one frame. Most of the pictures are displayed in two halfs in one frame. How
    > can I solve this problem?
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Wery

    The problem is that 126 slides are 26mmx26mm, you should be able to
    manually select the frame. At least on my Epson V700 the slide hoder
    leaves a lot of open space. I have never activated an automatic
    selection and find it only takes a minute or so to select all 12 frames
    when scanning the 35mm holder. I find the more I automate scanning, the
    less precise it becomes.

    Tom

    tomm42, Nov 3, 2006
  5. Pictures

    Dennman6 Guest

    Re: Scanning instamatic 126 with Canon 9900F Flatbed

    Pictures wrote:
    > I just tried to scan instamatic 126, +/- 25mm*25mm film with my Cannon 9900F
    > Flatbed Scanner. The Canonscan software does not recognize this format and
    > distributes the foto as the were regular 35mm foto's. I use the 35mm frame.
    > With the result that the software seems not to be able to put one pictue in
    > one frame. Most of the pictures are displayed in two halfs in one frame. How
    > can I solve this problem?
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Wery

    Don't know how much of a stickler for total image area you are, but I
    came up with a simple solution that works well enough for my purpose. I
    have a Canon 8400F, & I simply cut the 126 negs as singles & then put
    them into cardboard 35mm slide mounts. Then I scan them as though they
    were slides(going into the menu to select 'negative' instead of
    'positive' image type). The auto-crop works lousy for this, so I just
    take the mouse & re-size the scan area to suit. You will lose the very
    tops & bottoms of the 126 neg area with them in the 35mm slide
    mounts(as well as have some open gaps at each side), but most 126 stuff
    is of a snapshot nature & would've had some image cropping anyway. So
    this technique works pretty well for me in archiving family photos. The
    only beef would be if you were scanning other people's 126 negs; but if
    they are returned in neatly done slide mounts they shouldn't complain.
    What else would they themselves do with them anyway? Hope this helps
    you.

    Dennis Forkel

    Dennman6, Nov 3, 2006
  6. Pictures

    Colin_D wrote:
    > Pictures wrote:
    > > I just tried to scan instamatic 126,

    snip

    > Tried sitting them in the 120 film frame? Might work ...
    > Colin D.
    >
    > --

    I've had pretty good results scanning 110 negatives exactly that way.
    I don't see why it wouldn't work with 126 film as well.

    , Nov 7, 2006