    choice of equipment?

    Thanks again.

    David N.

    FocaIPoint, Dec 28, 2003

  2. "FocaIPoint" <> wrote:

    > I was scanning these negs (Ilford HP1 I think) several years ago on an HP

    6100
    > (if I remember correctly) and found it virtually impossible to deal with

    the
    > blue tint of the scanned negatives.
    >
    > Has the technology advanced since that time or was it simply my ineptitude

    and
    > choice of equipment?

    Since it's a B&W image, pick the cleanest of the RGB channels and use that.

    FWIW, I've had troubles getting the exposure right scanning XP2 Super on the
    Nikon 8000. I had to adjust the exposure manually. Also, XP2's highlights
    are quite dense, so an exposure that resolved detail in the highlights, lost
    the shadows, and vice versa. Some wet-chemical darkroom types recommend
    over-exposing XP2 a bit. This is bad advice if you're going to be
    scanning...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Dec 28, 2003