    size. Most will be 12x12, but I may want to go much larger for some
    prints. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on scanning B&W on an
    Imacon. Thanks.

    Jeff, May 18, 2006

  2. Jeff

    Pat Guest

    You said the specific type of neg shouldn't matter. I don't know about
    the Imacon, but my negative scanner wants to know what type of film it
    is scanning -- esp. in color -- so it can keep the colors correct.

    Also, if you are scanning for 12x12 and might want to go "much larger"
    at a later date, unless you are doing a lot of corrections, you might
    want to rescan at a larger date just to save disk space if your "some"
    means quite a few.

    You want (12"x300 dpi)^2 = 13 mpix. If you go to 24x24 later, you need
    to scan at (24x300)^2 = ~ 52mpix.

    For a few images it might not matter, but if there are hundreds ....

    Pat, May 18, 2006