    Please email me your response.
    Thanks George
    , Apr 24, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I have many 35mm Ilford HP5+ negs accumulated over years of having a
    > chemical darkroom. I need to scan, manipulate and create files I can
    > send to a book publisher. Any ideas on what I need in terms of
    > equipment and software to do this. I hear that this type of negs are
    > difficult to scan because the silver scatters the light. I don't want
    > to spend any more money than neccesary. I am fairly computer literate.
    > Please email me your response.
    > Thanks George

    I suggest you have them scanned commercially as that should cost less
    that the type of scanner that would be needed. You then could do your post
    scan processing yourself.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia's duit
    Joseph Meehan, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Hannah Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I have many 35mm Ilford HP5+ negs accumulated over years of having a
    > chemical darkroom. I need to scan, manipulate and create files I can
    > send to a book publisher. Any ideas on what I need in terms of
    > equipment and software to do this. I hear that this type of negs are
    > difficult to scan because the silver scatters the light. I don't want
    > to spend any more money than neccesary. I am fairly computer literate.
    > Please email me your response.
    > Thanks George

    My simple cheap HP Scanjet 4070 scans slides and both colour and mono negs
    without any problem. They may not be the highest resolution scan imaginable
    but they're adequate, and I see no evidence of scatter.
    H.
    Hannah, Apr 24, 2005
  4. Mike Guest

    "Hannah" <> a écrit dans le message de news:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> I have many 35mm Ilford HP5+ negs accumulated over years of having a
    >> chemical darkroom. I need to scan, manipulate and create files I can
    >> send to a book publisher. Any ideas on what I need in terms of
    >> equipment and software to do this. I hear that this type of negs are
    >> difficult to scan because the silver scatters the light. I don't want
    >> to spend any more money than neccesary. I am fairly computer literate.
    >> Please email me your response.
    >> Thanks George
    >>

    > My simple cheap HP Scanjet 4070 scans slides and both colour and mono negs
    > without any problem. They may not be the highest resolution scan
    > imaginable
    > but they're adequate, and I see no evidence of scatter.
    > H.

    Sorry, I don't see the very first post of the thread anymore on my server.

    These scans :
    http://dhost.info/photocanon/mai1968/index.htm
    have been done with the negative and slide scanner PrimeFilm 1800u from
    Pacific Image Electronics.
    Rather cheap. Scans to 1800 dpi, hardware. Probably enough.
    http://www.scanace.com/en/product/1800u.php

    --
    Mike
    Mike, Apr 25, 2005