    Brother Printer MFC7820N with scanning facilities.

    I scanned the image and saved it as JPEG. Is that advisable or GIF format?

    Rajinder
    Chaudhry Nijjhar, Apr 29, 2007

  2. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    meerkat Guest

    "Chaudhry Nijjhar" <> wrote in message
    news:4V1Zh.40$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to scan a text page with diagram for insertion on my website. I
    > have Brother Printer MFC7820N with scanning facilities.
    >
    > I scanned the image and saved it as JPEG. Is that advisable or GIF
    > format?

    Hi Raj
    Here`s an article worth bookmarking.
    It tells a lot about image formats.
    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/tutorials/web_graphics/article.php/3479931
    meerkat, Apr 29, 2007

  3. Chaudhry Nijjhar

    Mike Easter Guest

    Chaudhry Nijjhar wrote:

    > I want to scan a text page with diagram for insertion on my website.
    > I have Brother Printer MFC7820N with scanning facilities.

    Your MFC-7820N is a multifunction B&W laser printer + scanner & fax.

    > I scanned the image and saved it as JPEG. Is that advisable or GIF
    > format?

    There's a lot more to scanning decisions than .jpg vs .gif. Start with
    Wayne Fulton's site http://www.scantips.com/ Video Resolution - How
    much to scan? - http://www.scantips.com/basics09.html Image File
    Formats - Which to use?

    The short answer for the way you asked your question is .gif, with the
    considerations about resolution and number of colors described at
    Fulton's site. There are advantages to .png he describes there.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 29, 2007
  4. Hi,

    I have Bookmarked it. Very useful article.

    Raj

    Chaudhry Nijjhar, Apr 29, 2007
  5. O.K. Next time .gif format.

    Thanks.