    would it pick my scanner up etc
    Many Thanks
    Simon
    Sierra, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Sierra

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:16:28 -0000, "Sierra" <>
    wrote:

    >Would i be able to use another piece of software say paint shop pro?instead
    >of the software that came with my scanner?
    >Running win 98se,
    >If i did would i just delete the old software and install the new one?and
    >would it pick my scanner up etc
    >Many Thanks
    >Simon

    I use paint shop all the time for scanner use.
    Just go to file, then acquire, it should bring up the scanner.
    joevan
    joevan, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Sierra wrote:

    > Would i be able to use another piece of software say paint shop
    > pro?instead of the software that came with my scanner?
    > Running win 98se,
    > If i did would i just delete the old software and install the new one?and
    > would it pick my scanner up etc
    > Many Thanks
    > Simon

    Leave your scanner software installed, since it has the driver that
    interfaces other devices to the scanner (usually called the TWAIN driver).
    With that driver, other "acquiring" software such as Paintshop, etc., will
    quite happily use the scanner.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Sierra

    geothermal Guest

    Sierra wrote:

    > Would i be able to use another piece of software say paint shop pro?instead
    > of the software that came with my scanner?
    > Running win 98se,
    > If i did would i just delete the old software and install the new one?and
    > would it pick my scanner up etc
    > Many Thanks
    > Simon

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?U2E6129E7