    --

    Steve Mc

    DNA to SBC to respond

    Steve Mc, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Steve Mc

    Matt Ion Guest

    I have an old Umax Astra 2400s - 1200x600 optical, 2400x2400 interpolated
    resolution - with a transparency lid. That's the sort of thing you need for
    larger-format negatives, as I doubt you'll find a specialized negative
    scanner for 4x5 format, at least not without paying a small fortune for it.

    As long as you have good resolution (300dpi is usually all you need), OCR
    capabilities are entirely software-dependant.

    from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even
    incapable of forming such opinions."
    -- Albert Einstein

    Matt Ion, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Steve Mc

    Chuck22 Guest

    "Steve Mc" <> wrote in message news:<rhpRc.4483$>...
    > To scan old photos, but also good OCR capability for text scans.
    > Negatives - in addition to 35mm, I have very large negatives, appx. 4 x 5.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Epson Perfection 3200 Photo scanner will do all that...

    Chuck22, Aug 9, 2004
  4. I second that...I have been very happy with my Epson 3200 and there is even
    a better one than that now. I would disagree with the previous poster that
    you only need 300 dpi....you will want 300 for output....you have some math
    to do to see how that translates to what you will want to scan.

    Gene Palmiter, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Steve Mc

    Steve Mc Guest

    Thanks guys.

    I guess I should have mentioned price range, as this one is quite a bit out
    of my range.
    Any feedback on the Epson Perfection 2450 ?

    Thanks again,

    --

    Steve Mc

    DNA to SBC to respond