    it to the program choices I have now. The choices I have now is Corel, Word,
    Notepad and etc but not PDF program even though I do Have the 9.0 version
    PDF installed on my computer. Thanks to all Tommy
    Tom, Jul 4, 2009

  2. Tom wrote:

    > I have a HP scanner and I would like to know if there is a program that I
    > can use that would include a PDF program choice to use. The Scanner is a
    > HP
    > Precision Scan LTX.. If there is, where can I download this program or
    > add it to the program choices I have now. The choices I have now is Corel,
    > Word, Notepad and etc but not PDF program even though I do Have the 9.0
    > version PDF installed on my computer. Thanks to all Tommy

    You can "print" any printable document on a pdf printer, such as freepdf-xp.
    wisdomkiller & pain, Jul 4, 2009

  3. Tom wrote:

    > I have a HP scanner and I would like to know if there is a program

    For what operating system?

    > that I can use that would include a PDF program choice to use. The
    > Scanner is a HP Precision Scan LTX.. If there is, where can I
    > download this program or add it to the program choices I have now.
    > The choices I have now is Corel, Word, Notepad and etc but not PDF
    > program

    Ah. Some version of Windows... scan whatever it is as a TIFF file. Save
    it. Install one of the PDF 'printer drivers' such as PDF995, then run
    the TIFF through that.

    http://www.pdf995.com/

    > even though I do Have the 9.0 version PDF installed on my computer.

    9.0 version of what PDF? Adobe Reader? That's not a "writer" only a
    "reader".

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 4, 2009
  4. Tom

    Mike Easter Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > I have a HP scanner and I would like to know if there is a program that
    > I can use that would include a PDF program choice to use.

    There are freeware and payware scan to pdf windows apps.

    > The Scanner
    > is a HP Precision Scan LTX.. If there is, where can I download this
    > program or add it to the program choices I have now. The choices I have
    > now is Corel, Word, Notepad and etc but not PDF program

    The HP site about Precisionscan LTX, Scanning Software Overview
    http://snipr.com/ls2d0

    .... indicates that the hp app allows you to scan images as images and
    text as text; that is, scan text which scan result can be
    manipulated/handled as text, not (just) as a picture of text.

    You should not confuse .pdf images which contain pictures of text which
    cannot be manipulated as text with .pdf files which contain text and
    graphics which allow the text to be manipulated as text.

    Creating a .pdf document which contains manipulable text is not as simple
    as scanning a text & graphic image which is saved as a .pdf file.

    > even though I
    > do Have the 9.0 version PDF installed on my computer.

    Does that mean Adobe Reader v.9 or does that mean something else more
    useful?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 4, 2009
  5. Tom

    G. Morgan Guest

    Tom wrote:

    >I have a HP scanner and I would like to know if there is a program that I
    >can use that would include a PDF program choice to use. The Scanner is a HP
    >Precision Scan LTX.. If there is, where can I download this program or add
    >it to the program choices I have now. The choices I have now is Corel, Word,
    >Notepad and etc but not PDF program even though I do Have the 9.0 version
    >PDF installed on my computer. Thanks to all Tommy

    Have you tried searching "scan to PDF" or "TWAIN to PDF" ???

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/PDF/Scan-to-PDF.shtml
    G. Morgan, Jul 4, 2009
  6. Tom

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Tom wrote:

    >> HP Precision Scan LTX

    > ... the hp app allows you to scan images as images and
    > text as text; that is, scan text which scan result can be
    > manipulated/handled as text, not (just) as a picture of text.

    > Creating a .pdf document which contains manipulable text is not as
    > simple as scanning a text & graphic image which is saved as a .pdf

    file.

    You could also scan a text doc with the hp ware and save it as .rtf and
    feed the .rtf to Adobe's online converter and convert it to .pdf -- if
    you only needed to do an occasional doc that way.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jul 5, 2009
  7. Tom

    PeeCee Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    >I have a HP scanner and I would like to know if there is a program that I
    >can use that would include a PDF program choice to use. The Scanner is a
    >HP Precision Scan LTX.. If there is, where can I download this program or
    >add it to the program choices I have now. The choices I have now is Corel,
    >Word, Notepad and etc but not PDF program even though I do Have the 9.0
    >version PDF installed on my computer. Thanks to all Tommy

    Tom

    As others have indicated Acrobat Reader (whatever version) does not have the
    ability to 'crreate' pdf files.
    It can only open and display them.

    To create 'pdf' files fromr scanned documents or any other printable
    document for that matter.
    Download and install the freeware 'DoPDF' from here:
    http://www.dopdf.com/download.php
    DoPDF installs itself as a printer.

    The idea is you scan yourr document to an application that can 'print'.
    Then when you 'print' the scanned image you select 'DoPDF' as the printer,
    select where to save it, name the file (eg something.pdf) and press print.
    DoPDF then creates a pdf of the scanned image, writes it to the location
    nominated, with the file name you gave it.
    As a final action DoPDF then shows you the created pdf by opening it in your
    default pdf reader (most likely Acrobat Reader 9 in your case)

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Jul 5, 2009