    is an easy way round this. Any advice would be most welcome.

    Thanks
    Mike

    MIKE COAD, Jun 19, 2004

  2. MIKE COAD

    Chet Guest

    A simple Google search led me to the following:
    http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/133/133645.htm
    Don't know if it's what you need or not.
    "MIKE COAD" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently bought an Optic Pro 4830P Scanner at a boot sale. It's only

    been
    > used a couple of times and came with all the leads, however there was no
    > installation software with it.
    >
    > I have e-mailed the manufacturers at different offices on a number of
    > occasions to get a copy of the installation disk but have never received a
    > reply. I cannot find a download on the web nor can I get the computer to
    > recognise a scanner is attached. I'm sure I am missing the obvious and

    there

    Chet, Jun 19, 2004

  3. MIKE COAD

    Fred Guest

    MIKE COAD wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently bought an Optic Pro 4830P Scanner at a boot sale. It's only

    been
    > used a couple of times and came with all the leads, however there was no
    > installation software with it.
    >
    > I have e-mailed the manufacturers at different offices on a number of
    > occasions to get a copy of the installation disk but have never received a
    > reply. I cannot find a download on the web nor can I get the computer to
    > recognise a scanner is attached. I'm sure I am missing the obvious and

    there
    > is an easy way round this. Any advice would be most welcome.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mike

    The driver is available at the Plustek German site
    http://www.plustek.de/driver/4830p/body_4830p.htm

    Fred, Jun 20, 2004
  4. MIKE COAD

    ProfGene Guest

    If the computer doesn't immediately recognize a piece of new hardware there
    is some kind of problem that might not be solved even with the software.

    ProfGene, Jun 26, 2004