scanner problem?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bhat, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. bhat

    bhat Guest

    I have winxp Home since last 8 months and the scanner and camera wizard
    would do its work nicely immediately I would press the left button of
    the scanner.

    A couple of days back my HP scanner scanjet3300c did not work. It would
    do some 'murmuring' --- I could watch that the light would travel up to
    an inch from the top and then go back to the starting point and then
    finally give an error message ---- 'an undefined program error has
    occurred'. Booted rebooted but the scanner and camera wizard would
    finally give the same message at the point of Preview.

    I thought finally I need to download the scanner driver from HP.
    Downloaded the driver sj650en.exe (54.1 MB) and sj649mu.exe(668KB
    update). Installed the driver. After installation and rebooting, I tried
    to scan with the HP PrecisionScan LT Software. I get an error "An
    undefined program error has occurred 2117".

    Tried to find from the HP site the solution of the problem but of no luck.

    Can anyone please throw light on the problem and how to fix it.

    bhat
    bhat, Aug 4, 2004