    I'm just wondering ... what has happened with the scanner that causes me to
    have to reinsert the power cord each time I want it to scan? And is there
    anything I can do to try to fix this?
    Mitch Lammle, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Mitch Lammle

    °Mike° Guest

    Check/replace plug/fuse/cable.

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:30:32 -0500, in
    <>
    Mitch Lammle scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2004

  3. Mitch Lammle

    Laths Guest

    Buy a new one.........................
    "Mitch Lammle" <> wrote in message
    > I have an HP ScanJet 5300C that I bought new several years ago and am

    still
    > using today. Recently, I've found that when I run a scan from Windows,

    the
    > ScanJet doesn't do anything ... it just sits there. But if I remove and
    > reinsert its power cord, it starts the scan job then.
    >
    > I'm just wondering ... what has happened with the scanner that causes me

    > have to reinsert the power cord each time I want it to scan? And is there
    > anything I can do to try to fix this?

    ---
    Laths, Jun 22, 2004
  4. Mitch Lammle

    Jono Guest

    Mitch Lammle wrote:
    || I have an HP ScanJet 5300C that I bought new several years ago and
    || am still using today. Recently, I've found that when I run a scan
    || from Windows, the ScanJet doesn't do anything ... it just sits
    || there. But if I remove and reinsert its power cord, it starts the
    || scan job then.
    || I'm just wondering ... what has happened with the scanner that
    || causes me to have to reinsert the power cord each time I want it to
    || scan? And is there anything I can do to try to fix this?

    What OS?

    I had a similar issue with XP and an HP scanner - I eventually discovered
    that XP supported the scanner without installing the HP supplied software -
    works flawlessly now & I can access the scanner from within My Computer.
    Jono, Jun 23, 2004