    chocolate teapot sums things up nicely.
    Please help as I've spent the best part of 8 hours on this so far.
    Graham.

    Graham Fox, Oct 3, 2003

  2. Graham Fox

    Stevo Guest

    Graham Fox wrote:
    > I,ve just bought a new scanner IBM011 (on e-bay), but can't get the
    > B@@@@y thing to work except in 'safe mode'.
    > If I try with the computer running normally I keep getting a 'scanner
    > not found' message. I've tried to penetrate the IBM site but to be
    > honest haven't got a clue what to look for. When it comes to the user
    > guides, chocolate teapot sums things up nicely.
    > Please help as I've spent the best part of 8 hours on this so far.
    > Graham.

    Sounds like an incorrect driver from that description.

    No guarantees given that you will find what you want here, and no
    responsibility taken either!

    http://www.scanner-drivers.com/companies/475.htm

    You didn't include your operating system which makes it a tad harder to
    assist you..

    Try googling - use IBM+011+scanner+driver+<insert operating system if
    desired>

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Graham Fox

    Steve Guest

    "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    > Graham Fox wrote:
    > > I,ve just bought a new scanner IBM011 (on e-bay), but can't get the
    > > B@@@@y thing to work except in 'safe mode'.
    > > If I try with the computer running normally I keep getting a 'scanner
    > > not found' message. I've tried to penetrate the IBM site but to be
    > > honest haven't got a clue what to look for. When it comes to the user
    > > guides, chocolate teapot sums things up nicely.
    > > Please help as I've spent the best part of 8 hours on this so far.
    > > Graham.

    > Sounds like an incorrect driver from that description.
    >
    > No guarantees given that you will find what you want here, and no
    > responsibility taken either!
    >
    > http://www.scanner-drivers.com/companies/475.htm
    >
    > You didn't include your operating system which makes it a tad harder to
    > assist you..
    >
    > Try googling - use IBM+011+scanner+driver+<insert operating system if
    > desired>
    >
    > --
    > Stevo
    > (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    If it's a 0275-011 have a look on http://www.driverguide.com
    Steve

    ---

    Steve, Oct 3, 2003
  4. Graham Fox

    Stevo Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    >> Graham Fox wrote:
    >>> I,ve just bought a new scanner IBM011 (on e-bay), but can't get the
    >>> B@@@@y thing to work except in 'safe mode'.
    >>> If I try with the computer running normally I keep getting a
    >>> 'scanner not found' message. I've tried to penetrate the IBM site
    >>> but to be honest haven't got a clue what to look for. When it comes
    >>> to the user guides, chocolate teapot sums things up nicely.
    >>> Please help as I've spent the best part of 8 hours on this so far.
    >>> Graham.

    >> Sounds like an incorrect driver from that description.
    >>
    >> No guarantees given that you will find what you want here, and no
    >> responsibility taken either!
    >>
    >> http://www.scanner-drivers.com/companies/475.htm
    >>
    >> You didn't include your operating system which makes it a tad harder
    >> to assist you..
    >>
    >> Try googling - use IBM+011+scanner+driver+<insert operating system if
    >> desired>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stevo
    >> (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    >>

    > If it's a 0275-011 have a look on http://www.driverguide.com
    > Steve
    >

    > ---

    Tell the original poster, not me.. I don't even have such a scanner...
    *sheesh*

    Stevo, Oct 3, 2003
  5. Graham Fox

    Steve Guest