    either. Now if I attach it to my old 300 PII with Win98SE, the scanner works
    fine.

    Any ideas ?

    John D, Aug 18, 2003

  2. John D

    Patrick Guest

    John D wrote:
    > I am running WinXP Pro and I have a HP 5470c scanner attached via a
    > USB cable. It has worked flawlessly since xmas until the other week.
    > I clicked on the scan software and I get a message from windows
    > saying "scanner not found" I have uninstalled, installed the software
    > several times. I have checked the computer for a virus. I have tried
    > to attach it with a parallel cable and still the same message. HP
    > tech support can't solve the problem either. Now if I attach it to my
    > old 300 PII with Win98SE, the scanner works fine.
    >
    > Any ideas ?

    Afraid I can't help much at all, but found someone seemed to have same
    problem, though it only mentioned solution to be 'a Window/s problem'.
    Perhaps worth a look!.

    http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/computers/scanners/hp_scanjet_5470c/_review/371663/

    Patrick, Aug 18, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    splurted...
    > Patrick wrote:
    >
    > > Afraid I can't help much at all,

    > But you'll fucking post anyway, eh?

    Christ, you get everywhere. Nuther name in the killfile then.
    --
    Mike

    Michael Thompson, Aug 18, 2003
  4. John D

    John D Guest

    Thanks Patrick. If you find the answer please post it back here. I read the
    article and it sounds like me.

    John D, Aug 19, 2003
  5. John D

    John D Guest