    No need for rebooting anymore.
    Got my scanning machine up 'n runnin' again.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 4, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Guest

    :)

    in fact I thinks it can even be better to keep a suspended virtual
    machine with needed drivers and applications instead of filling the
    host pc.

    This is true for my HP PSC multifunction network printer, HP software
    is too invasive, and it is better to have it only when needed for tasks
    like printing, scanning, faxing...

    , Jan 4, 2006

  3. How did you do it? im using the latest VM5.5, i have MUSTEK 1200UB, im
    running on VM windows XP (32bit), i installed the scanner's drivers...and,
    nada, nothing happens.

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Hi:
    Don't have much to add.
    Installed Windows 98SE on VM5.5 because it would eat less resources.
    Assigned to it 1GB disk space and 128 megs of ram.
    Installed software and drivers for my scanner from within Windows 98.
    When I first tried to run the software it complained that screen resolution
    was set at less than 65536 colours (on Win98).
    Installed then VMware tools, set colour resolution higher and that was all.
    I was able to use my scanner.
    There may have been one reboot after the software/driver installation.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Ive actually managed to install my Mustek's drivers, and i can see it in
    device manager plus in the Control Panel's Scanners and Cameras, but still, i
    tried to open Paint, and the "From Scanner or Camera" line is grayed out.

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Jan 5, 2006
  6. This is probably quite the same as the pre-Beta drivers for my HP PSC,
    scanning doesn't work from the printer's panel - only from the Control
    Panel's Applet. Need to learn new habits, works perfect though!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 5, 2006
  7. Not quite, on my other X64 system i have HP Officejet 5510 and my pre-beta
    drivers works fine (well, beside the scaning option of course).

    We are talking about pure scanners, in which, my Mustek detects itself fine
    through VMWARE (XP 32 as a virtual server), but refuses to scan anything.

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Jan 5, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Guest

    On 4-Jan-2006, =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= <>
    wrote:

    > Considering my old AGFA scanner had (and will have) only x86 drivers,
    > I took
    > the advice of some of this distinguished x64 forum.
    > Got hold of VMWare 5.5, installed lightweight Windows 98 onto it and
    > presto!
    > my scanner was alive again within Windows XP x64.
    > No need for rebooting anymore.
    > Got my scanning machine up 'n runnin' again.

    Same for me, I have a Cannon LIDE 30 and its working under vmware. so
    b*gg*r to cannon ("we do not plan to support it") and props to vmware

    bob

    , Jan 6, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    William Guest

    When you use VM ware how would you get the data into XP64, other than
    of course writing it to removable media?

    This may be obvious and perhaps I'm missing something (other than a
    few brain cells, perhaps)

    On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 02:37:04 -0800, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    >Considering my old AGFA scanner had (and will have) only x86 drivers, I took
    >the advice of some of this distinguished x64 forum.
    >Got hold of VMWare 5.5, installed lightweight Windows 98 onto it and presto!
    >my scanner was alive again within Windows XP x64.
    >No need for rebooting anymore.
    >Got my scanning machine up 'n runnin' again.
    >Carlos

    Bill

    William, Jan 29, 2006
  10. Networking between the virtual machine and the host machine is included in
    VMWare setup.

    Just set up a shared location on the host so that the scanned file is
    written to a directory on the host machine. Or copy and paste after scanning
    if you prefer.

    Dominic Payer, Jan 29, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    William Guest

    Great, but where do I find VM Ware?

    <> wrote:

    >Considering my old AGFA scanner had (and will have) only x86 drivers, I took
    >the advice of some of this distinguished x64 forum.
    >Got hold of VMWare 5.5, installed lightweight Windows 98 onto it and presto!
    >my scanner was alive again within Windows XP x64.
    >No need for rebooting anymore.
    >Got my scanning machine up 'n runnin' again.
    >Carlos

    Bill

    William, Feb 5, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=