    Anyone recommendations?
    TIA
    Neal
    Neal Phillips, Apr 13, 2006

  2. On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:19:00 +1200, Neal Phillips wrote:

    > Hi
    > A friend wants a scanner that will handles photo slides as well as general
    > scans.
    > Anyone recommendations?

    Go for one of the Epson Perfection range that can handle negatives and
    slides.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    --
    "Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand:
    How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."
    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 13, 2006

  3. Neal Phillips

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:19:00 +1200, Neal Phillips wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> A friend wants a scanner that will handles photo slides as well as general
    >> scans.
    >> Anyone recommendations?

    > Go for one of the Epson Perfection range that can handle negatives and
    > slides.

    I'll second that, I picked up a Perfection 1660 Photo last year for
    $40.00, it does a reasonable job on slides and negatives.
    -=rjh=-, Apr 13, 2006
  4. Neal Phillips

    Dave Nelson Guest

    Absolutely agree - I've got an Epson Perfection 4870 and done a heap of
    slides, negs and general scanning and am pleased with the results.
    Dave

    Dave Nelson, Apr 14, 2006
  5. On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 07:30:44 +1200, "Dave Nelson"
    <> wrote:

    >Absolutely agree - I've got an Epson Perfection 4870 and done a heap of
    >slides, negs and general scanning and am pleased with the results.
    >Dave
    >
    >"Have A Nice Cup of Tea" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:19:00 +1200, Neal Phillips wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>> A friend wants a scanner that will handles photo slides as well as
    >>> general
    >>> scans.
    >>> Anyone recommendations?

    >> Go for one of the Epson Perfection range that can handle negatives and
    >> slides.
    >>

    >> Have A Nice Cup of Tea
    >>
    >> --
    >> "Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand:
    >> How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

    Ditto for the Epson Perfection. I paid US$49 for a refurbished
    scanner w/sep photo scanner top. Great buy!

    Just remember, they 'reverse' when captured!

    The new models have a far better softwear program for corrections than
    the older ones did.

    Cath
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Apr 15, 2006