    Any recommendations for a 35 mm slide scanner, under $200, for
    scanning and storing
    slides on a hard disk or thumb drive. Operation system is Vista.

    Me-manny, Jun 27, 2008

  2. In message news:0bfc865f-ec00-4daa-9b52-
    , Me-manny <>
    done wrote:

    > Any recommendations for a 35 mm slide scanner, under $200

    No. Go on eBay, buy a used Nikon CoolScan 5000 and the SF-210 feeder, use
    it for what you need, then sell it back on eBay.

    Alotta Fagina, Jun 27, 2008

  3. Me-manny

    ray Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:42:39 -0700, Me-manny wrote:

    > Any recommendations for a 35 mm slide scanner, under $200, for scanning
    > and storing
    > slides on a hard disk or thumb drive. Operation system is Vista.

    I have no idea whether they would work with vista (work great with Linux)
    but the Epson scanners do a good job and are reasonable in price. I'd
    recommend you look around the Epson online store for a refurb. Should find
    a nice one for around $100 - last year I picked up one that does up to
    medium format for $150.

    ray, Jun 27, 2008
  4. Me-manny

    Don Kirkman Guest

    It seems to me I heard somewhere that Me-manny wrote in article
    <>:

    >Any recommendations for a 35 mm slide scanner, under $200, for
    >scanning and storing
    >slides on a hard disk or thumb drive. Operation system is Vista.

    A few months ago I bought a Minolta DiMage Scan Dual IV on eBay, but it cost
    about $300. I tried a lot of auctions before I was able to get that or a
    similar one at a better price. Of course you could get lucky. :)
    --
    Don Kirkman

    Don Kirkman, Jun 28, 2008