scanner as a photcopier

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by geoffm, Jan 10, 2004.

  1. geoffm

    geoffm Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:27:29 GMT, (Steve Robertson)
    wrote:

    >Hi. Im trying to use my scanner as a photocopier
    >ie scan to printer. (using Scanwise)
    >Any hints on how to get easier/better results??
    >I tried Line Art setting but this gave terrible results
    >Greyscale was better, still not as good as I hoped for.
    >Is there anyway I can bypass Scanwise (its installed with the Agfa driver), it comes
    >up even when scanning from a 3rd party program

    download a program called "photocopier" from
    http://www.nicocuppen.com/. free and works a treat
    geoff

    Steve Robertson, Jan 10, 2004

  3. geoffm

    steve Guest

    Steve Robertson allegedly said:

    > Hi. Im trying to use my scanner as a photocopier
    > ie scan to printer. (using Scanwise)
    > Any hints on how to get easier/better results??
    > I tried Line Art setting but this gave terrible results
    > Greyscale was better, still not as good as I hoped for.

    What DPI you using?

    Grayscale at 600DPI should look pretty good on a laser printer.

    If it's an ink-jet printer......then get a laser printer. :)

    steve, Jan 11, 2004
  4. geoffm

    Dave Taylor Guest

    river), it comes up even when scanning from a 3rd party program
    > download a program called "photocopier" from
    > http://www.nicocuppen.com/. free and works a treat
    > geoff

    yup, this program is great for what the OP needs.
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jan 12, 2004