    Many thanks.
    jimac

    ---

    Jim McQuillan, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Jim McQuillan

    Brihu Guest

    "Jim McQuillan" <> wrote in message
    news:SUrlb.788$...
    > Some weeks ago there was a posting telling us how to find scandisk in XP
    > Home edition. Can anyone repeat it as I failed to make a note of it and my
    > memory aint what it was.
    > Many thanks.
    > jimac
    >

    > ---

    Its now called checkdisk. Go to My Computer - right click on C Drive -
    Click Properties - Click Tools - Error Checking - Tick Config you want and
    click OK. The disk will then be checked and repaired at your next boot up
    normally as the C Drive will probably show as * Cant be locked*.

    Brihu, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Jim McQuillan

    philo Guest

    > Some weeks ago there was a posting telling us how to find scandisk in XP
    > Home edition. Can anyone repeat it as I failed to make a note of it and my
    > memory aint what it was.
    > Many thanks.
    > jimac

    from the command prompt
    issue the command : chkdsk /f

    it will run upon rebooting

    philo, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Jim McQuillan wrote:
    > Some weeks ago there was a posting telling us how to find scandisk in XP
    > Home edition. Can anyone repeat it as I failed to make a note of it and my
    > memory aint what it was.
    > Many thanks.

    I haven't seen that post, but there is no scandisk in XP; it's chkdsk as in the
    other NT versions. Right-click on the drive icon in Explorer, Properties, Tools
    tab & you will see the tools for checking/maintaining your disk drive; there
    are a wide variety of options for different levels of checking and repair. Or
    go to a command prompt (Start/Run/CMD.EXE) and use CHKDSK /? to see all the
    options available from the command line.

    Tergiversative, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Brilliant. Thanks to all replies. Knew you could help me.
    Kind regards. jimac
    > Some weeks ago there was a posting telling us how to find scandisk in XP
    > Home edition. Can anyone repeat it as I failed to make a note of it and my
    > memory aint what it was.
    > Many thanks.
    > jimac
    >

    > ---

    ---

    Jim McQuillan, Oct 22, 2003
  6. Jim McQuillan

    Jason Chow Guest

    Right click on the drive that u want to sscan, then click on the tools tab
    then chose "check this disk for errors"

    Jason Chow, Oct 23, 2003