    I have ran a full surafce scan in dos and found 0 errors

    any ideas.

    Thanx

    John, Sep 29, 2003

  2. John

    ftran999 Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:bl98qo$ua4$...
    > Can any one help/advise please.
    >
    > Every time I fire up my pc scandisk starts checking
    > files even before win89 loads.
    > I have ran a full surafce scan in dos and found 0 errors
    >
    > any ideas.
    >

    > Thanx

    Check your task scheduler. You may have it set up to run scandisk at the
    system start up.
    Open up your task scheduler, and see if scandisk is listed under scheduled
    tasks. If it is right click it and click on properties. Click on the
    schedule tab and make sure "at system startup" is not chosen under schedule.
    Also you may want to open your run command under the start menu and type in
    "msconfig" (without quotes) and click O.K. Make sure the general tab is
    selected and click advanced. Make sure "disable scandisk after bad
    shutdown" is checked.

    ftran999, Sep 29, 2003

  3. John

    °Mike° Guest