    ,this is a waste of time ' .. I cudn't remember the proper error .. :)
    Any help, is it because i have other apps running - avg - firewall - online
    ??

    Morph, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Morph

    SA Guest

    Did you try a system restore to remedy the problem? Or try googling the
    problem. good luck.

    SA, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Morph

    Hackworth Guest

    > On an improper shutdown, my scandisk used to run, and complete the quick
    > scan.(non-thorough)..Can any one explain how come, now, it just keeps
    > restarting, after checking file allocation tables for 1 visual block ?
    > It repeats 10 times and then gives me an error report saying 'basically
    > ,this is a waste of time ' .. I cudn't remember the proper error .. :)
    > Any help, is it because i have other apps running - avg - firewall -
    > online

    Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly pressing F8 during bootup. Let Scandisk
    run in Safe Mode--it shold complete very quickly--then reboot normally.

    Hackworth, Jan 17, 2005
  4. Morph

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:35:55 -0000, "Morph" <morph@nospam> wrote:

    >On an improper shutdown, my scandisk used to run, and complete the quick
    >scan.(non-thorough)..Can any one explain how come, now, it just keeps
    >restarting, after checking file allocation tables for 1 visual block ?
    > It repeats 10 times and then gives me an error report saying 'basically
    >,this is a waste of time ' .. I cudn't remember the proper error .. :)
    >Any help, is it because i have other apps running - avg - firewall - online
    >??

    You say its not getting nowhere, so where is it getting?

    -Barry
    ========
    "I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for
    their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible;
    in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
    [A. Einstein (Letter to Edgar Meyer, Jan. 2, 1915)]

    Barry OGrady, Jan 17, 2005
  5. Morph

    Morph Guest

    Actually, I DID say.... :) , it's getting as far as showing 1 coloured
    block, during 'file allocation reading' and instead of carrying on, and
    finishing the scan, it starts again, ... It used to run a full scandisk
    scan, on 'improper shutdoen' but now, it only does this 1 very partial scan,
    and then repeats.??
    Ant advice ?

    Morph, Jan 18, 2005