    now.
    Suggestions?

    Thanks, BillyBoy
    BillyBoy, Oct 13, 2003

  2. BillyBoy

    °Mike° Guest

    Start / Run / chkdsk

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:46:23 -0700, in
    <>
    BillyBoy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 13, 2003

  3. BillyBoy

    BillyBoy Guest

    Thank you Mike.. you are sure fast on the draw..

    Bill

    BillyBoy, Oct 13, 2003
  4. BillyBoy

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome. "We (tinw) aim to please."

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:52:56 -0700, in
    <>
    BillyBoy scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 13, 2003
  5. BillyBoy

    mark mandel Guest

    "BillyBoy" <> wrote in message
    > Trying to learn XP PRO.. just installed yesterday. Migrated from W98
    > original.
    >
    > Is there an equivelant to SCANDISK?
    > I found Diskeeper but doesn't say it does file fixing.. seems it's more

    like
    > Defrag?
    >
    > I'm probably an intermediate user ..not totally dummy and certainly not a
    > guru.
    >
    > What would you recommend as a good book to learn XP (Pro)..

    I personally would recommend "Windows XP inside out" by Ed Bott and Carl
    Siechert. A real thick book that explains alot more then you'd even need to
    know while navigating 'round XP.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Oct 14, 2003