    effect, they both worked a couple of weeks ago when last used,
    any help appreciated !
    Bob

    woodco, Oct 26, 2003

  2. woodco

    Bobby Bewl Guest

    woodco wrote:
    > I have a problem with scandisk and defrag, it tells me that there is a
    > programme writing to the disc and keeps restarting continously, i
    > have tried ctrl/alt/delete and closing all the progs that are shown
    > running but no effect, they both worked a couple of weeks ago when
    > last used,
    > any help appreciated !
    > Bob

    close all screensavers etc and restart in safe mode.

    Bobby Bewl, Oct 26, 2003

  3. woodco

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:46:25 -0000, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
    invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "woodco" <>
    wrote :

    >I have a problem with scandisk and defrag, it tells me that there is a
    >programme writing to the disc and keeps restarting continously, i have tried
    >ctrl/alt/delete and closing all the progs that are shown running but no
    >effect, they both worked a couple of weeks ago when last used,
    >any help appreciated !
    >Bob

    Try here,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    email shepATpartyheld.de

    Shep©, Oct 26, 2003
  4. woodco

    Ralph Mann Guest

    woodco said:

    > I have a problem with scandisk and defrag, it tells me that there is a
    > programme writing to the disc and keeps restarting continously, i have tried
    > ctrl/alt/delete and closing all the progs that are shown running but no
    > effect, they both worked a couple of weeks ago when last used,
    > any help appreciated !
    > Bob

    One of the reasons could be that you are on cable modem, and PC/ISP handshakes
    are causing the restarts.
    Run them in safe mode.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 26, 2003
  5. woodco

    Wizard Guest

    if win 98 my own used to do this. I restart in safe mode and do it from
    there and it works fine..
    hope it helps

    Wizard, Nov 8, 2003