    I was wondering how can I get windows to stop accessing the hard drive to
    allow me to defrag and scandisk, I've tried in safe mode and still it wont
    scan or defrag, any suggestions?
    Guest, Aug 4, 2004

  2. Guest

    HF Guest

    Get an application named 'Enditall' to close down the offenders or get Power
    Defrag which will automatically close and reopen and do your defragging
    http://www.powerdefrag.com/

    <abomb69(zerozero)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I was wondering how can I get windows to stop accessing the hard drive to
    > allow me to defrag and scandisk, I've tried in safe mode and still it wont
    > scan or defrag, any suggestions?

    ---
    HF, Aug 4, 2004

  3. Guest

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Good post HF.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks I will try both!

    Guest, Aug 5, 2004
  5. Guest

    Lenny Vaz Guest

    The defrag in ME is a pile of crap. Actually, ME is a pile of crap. Invest
    in XP or 2000, it will be worth it.

    --

    Lenny Vaz

    Lenny Vaz, Aug 6, 2004
  6. Guest

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    >The defrag in ME is a pile of crap. Actually, ME is a pile of crap.
    Invest
    >in XP or 2000, it will be worth it.

    I used ME a couple of years ago and it was full of bugs, I took it off after
    a couple of days.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Aug 7, 2004