    network information, if they are password protected, WEP, etc.

    Any recommendations or suggestions?

    Thanks.

    Mark, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Netstumbler... Note the FAQ and the supported hardware...

    http://www.netstumbler.com/

    On my iPAQ 5555 PocketPC is occasionally use WiFiFoFum...

    http://www.aspecto-software.com/xoops/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=4

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Apr 14, 2006

  3. "Mark" <> wrote in message
    >I would like to find a program that scans for wireless networks and provide
    >network information, if they are password protected, WEP, etc.
    >
    > Any recommendations or suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Netstumbler. Works well.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 20, 2006
  4. "Sooner Al [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > Netstumbler... Note the FAQ and the supported hardware...
    >
    > http://www.netstumbler.com/
    >
    > On my iPAQ 5555 PocketPC is occasionally use WiFiFoFum...
    >
    > http://www.aspecto-software.com/xoops/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=4

    I have an Ipaq 2190 that has native bluetooth only and CF and SD ports. I
    want to get a wi-fi SD or CF card but this Ipaq came with WM5 onboard and
    nothing I have seen supports WM5. I even had a foldable keyboard that
    wouldn't work with it until early Feb this year when a WM5 driver came out
    for it. After that, all is well with the keyboard.

    So, do you have any recommendations on a WM5 compatible wi-fi SD or CF card
    at all? Thanks for any help.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 20, 2006