scan my hard drive for error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 12, 2009.

  1. detap wrote:

    > when trying to scan my hard drive for error ..... I get this message
    > to scan you need to restart to access some file.. But when I do this
    > I get the same message no mater what I do I am unable to complete
    > this tack [sic]. can some one help thank you [[pat]]

    I'm very sorry, but my crystal ball is at the dry cleaners this week.

    Hint: what is the OS, the name of "some file", the name of the scanning
    program you are using, etc etc etc.

    --
    -bts
    -Pulling teeth is such fun...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 12, 2009

  2. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    detap Guest

    when trying to scan my hard drive for error ..... I get this message
    to scan you need to restart to access some file.. But when I do this I get
    the same message no mater what I do I am unable to complete this tack. can
    some one help thank you [[pat]]

    detap, Jan 12, 2009

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    detap Guest

    (((see if this helps)))

    System Security Status CIS Benchmark Score

    1.88 of 10

    Virus Protection

    Up-to-date
    Realtime File Scanning is off

    Microsoft Security Updates

    10 missing
    (or more)?

    ? Advisor security definitions are out of date. Click here for
    the latest definitions.

    Computer Profile Summary
    )
    Profile Date: Monday, January 12, 2009 8:26:58 AM
    Advisor Version: 7.0m
    Windows Logon: pat

    Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600) MICRO-STAR
    INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-7253 1.0
    Enclosure Type: Desktop
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: MICRO-STAR
    INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-7253 1.0
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD V1.7 10/23/2007
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    82.34 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    69.76 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

    JLMS XJ-HD165H [CD-ROM drive]
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105 [CD-ROM drive]
    3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

    HDS728080PLAT20 [Hard drive] (82.34 GB) -- drive 0
    HP psc 2410 USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 2
    IOMEGA ZIP 100 [Hard drive] -- drive 1 1920 Megabytes
    Installed Memory

    Slot 'A0' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'A1' has 1024 MB
    Local Drive Volumes

    c: (NTFS on drive 0) 82.34 GB 69.76 GB free

    Network Drives
    None detected
    Users (mouse over user name for details) Printers
    local user accounts last logon
    pat 1/12/2009 8:21:07 AM (admin)
    local system accounts
    Administrator never (admin)
    ASPNET never
    Guest never
    HelpAssistant never
    SUPPORT_388945a0 never

    Marks a disabled account; Marks a locked account hp psc
    2400 series on USB001
    hp psc 2400 series fax on USB001

    Controllers Display
    Standard floppy disk controller
    Primary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
    Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
    VIA Bus Master IDE Controller - 0571
    VIA Serial ATA Controller - 0591 VIA Chrome9 HC IGP [Display
    adapter]
    Default Monitor
    Bus Adapters Multimedia
    VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (4x)
    VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller Realtek High Definition Audio
    Communications Other Devices
    Agere Systems Usb 2.0 Soft Modem

    RAS Async Adapter
    IP Address: 67.2.145.8 / 32
    Gateway: 67.2.145.8
    Physical Address: 00:53:45:00:00:00
    VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Dhcp Server: none responded
    Physical Address: 00:1D:92:45:36:52

    Networking Dns Servers: 205.171.3.65
    205.171.2.65
    HID-compliant consumer control device
    USB Human Interface Device
    hp psc 2400 series
    Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    HID-compliant mouse
    USB Composite Device
    USB Mass Storage Device
    USB Printing Support
    USB Root Hub (5x)
    psc 2400 (DOT4PRINT)
    Virus Protection [Back to Top]
    Norton AntiVirus Version 14.20
    Virus Definitions Version 1/11/2009 Rev 4
    Last Disk Scan on Monday, January 05, 2009 10:21:14 PM
    Realtime File Scanning Off

    Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes [Back to Top]
    These required security hotfixes (using the 05/10/2005
    Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary) were not found installed. Note: CIS
    benchmarks require that Critical and Important severity security hotfixes
    must be installed.
    Q873333 - Important (details...)
    Q873339 - Important (details...)
    Q885835 - Important (details...)
    Q885836 - Important (details...)
    Q888113 - Important (details...)
    Q888302 - Important (details...)
    Q890859 - Important (details...)
    Q890923 - Critical (details...)
    Q891781 - Important (details...)
    Q893086 - Important (details...)

    Installed Microsoft Hotfixes [Back to Top]
    Internet Explorer
    SP2 (SP2)
    MSXML4SP2
    Q936181 on 12/13/2008 (details...)
    Windows XP
    SP3
    KB893803V2 on 9/20/2008 (details...)
    KB898461 on 9/20/2008 (details...)
    KB911164 on 9/20/2008 (details...)
    KB917537 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB935448 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB944338-V2 on 9/21/2008 (details...)
    KB950749 on 12/13/2008 (details...)
    SP4
    KB938464 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB946648 on 9/21/2008 (details...)
    KB950762 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB950974 on 12/13/2008 (details...)
    KB951066 on 9/21/2008 (details...)
    KB951376-V2 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB951698 on 12/13/2008 (details...)
    KB951748 on 9/21/2008 (details...)
    KB952287 on 12/13/2008 (details...)
    KB952954 on 9/21/2008 (details...)
    Windows XP
    SP4 (continued)
    KB953839 on 12/13/2008 (details...)
    KB954211 on 12/15/2008 (details...)
    KB954600 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB955069 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB955839 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB956391 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB956802 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB956803 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB957095 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB957097 on 12/14/2008 (details...)
    KB958644 on 12/14/2008 (details...)

    Click here to see all available Microsoft security hotfixes for
    this computer.

    Marks a security hotfix (using the 05/10/2005
    Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary)
    Marks a hotfix that verifies correctly
    Marks a hotfix that fails verification (note that failing
    hotfixes need to be reinstalled)
    Unmarked hotfixes lack the data to allow verification

    Click here for Belarc's System Management products, for large
    and small companies.

    Software Licenses [Back to Top]

    Adobe Systems, Inc. - Adobe Photoshop 6.0
    PWW600R7103490-900-431
    Ahead - Nero BurnRights 0000-0000-0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ahead - Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in
    1a200101000012472-0331463
    Belarc - Advisor 03a35f5f
    Hewlett-Packard - WebReg MY37HC24FQ6T
    Microsoft - Internet Explorer 76487-018-2088037-22614
    (Key: FRKHJ-DYB43-9FK4R-T7JRY-CTQ38)
    Microsoft - Office 2000 Premium 50106-707-9999992-02404
    Microsoft - WebFldrs XP 12345-111-1111111-51037
    Microsoft - Windows XP Professional
    76487-018-2088037-22614 (Key: FRKHJ-DYB43-9FK4R-T7JRY-CTQ38)
    Symantec Corporation - AppCore 1
    Symantec Corporation - AV 1
    Symantec Corporation - MSRedist 1
    Symantec Corporation - Norton AntiVirus 1
    Symantec Corporation - Norton Internet Security 1
    Symantec Corporation - Norton Protection Center 1
    Symantec Corporation - Symantec Real Time Storage
    Protection Component 1
    Symantec Corporation - SymNet 1

    Software Versions (mouse over * for details, click * for
    location) [Back to Top]
    Adobe ImageReady (tm) 3.0 Version 3.0 *
    Adobe Photoshop Version 6.0 *
    Adobe Reader Version 6.0.1.2003110300 *
    Adobe Systems, Inc. Adobe Gamma Loader Version 1, 0, 0, 1 *
    Ahead Software AG - Nero BackItUp Restore Version 1, 2, 0, 65 *
    Ahead Software AG - Nero BackItUp Scheduler Version 1, 2, 0, 65
    *
    Ahead Software AG - Nero BackItUp Version 1, 2, 0, 65 *
    Ahead Software AG - Nero Burning ROM Version 6, 6, 1, 15 *
    Ahead Software AG - Nero ImageDrive Version 2, 27, 0, 7 *
    Ahead software AG - Nero ShowTime Version 1, 0, 0, 3 *
    Ahead Software AG - Nero StartSmart Version 2, 1, 0, 11 *
    Ahead Software AG - NeroVision Version 2,0,0,9 *
    Belarc, Inc. - Advisor Version 7.0m *
    Cinematronics - 3D Pinball Version 5.1.2600.2180 *
    CyberLink Corp. - PowerDVD Version 4.00.1813 *
    DC Software Design, Inc. - RegEditX Version 2, 0, 0, 3 *
    Download Driver *
    DVD Shrink Version 3.2.0.15 *
    Google Updater Version 2.0.734.29932.beta *
    Hewlett-Packard - ICE 2.6 Version 2,6,0,19 *
    Hewlett-Packard Co. - hp digital imaging - hp all-in-one series
    Version 005.031.000.147 *
    Hewlett-Packard Co. - hp digital imaging - hp all-in-one series
    Version 005.035.000.051 *
    Hewlett-Packard Co. - hp system diagnostics Version 1.4.0.0 *
    Hewlett-Packard Company - hp coretech (COmponent REuse
    TECHnology) Version 2.1.4 *
    Hewlett-Packard Company - HP Photo Video Solutions Version
    2.0.479.1607 *
    Hewlett-Packard hpwuSchd Version 1, 0, 0, 3 *
    HP Image Zone Version 5.35.0.046 *
    HP PML Version 7, 0, 0, 0 *
    HpqPhUnl Application Version 3.5.0.143 *
    I.R.I.S. SA - readiris Version 5, 0, 0, 1 *
    Inno Setup Version 51.15.0.0 *
    Install AT&T WorldNet® Service *
    Jordan Russell - Inno Setup Uninstaller Version 51.5.0.0 *
    Kyodai Mahjongg 19.99 *
    LIGHTNING UK! - DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.4.0 *
    LimeWire Version 1, 0, 0, 2 *
    Macromedia, Inc. - Shockwave Flash Version 3.5.0.10 *
    MicroLogic Software, Inc. - PrintMaster Gold Uninstall Version
    2.00.24 *
    Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Version 1.1.4322.573 *
    Microsoft (r) Windows Script Host Version 5.6.0.8820 *
    Microsoft Clip Gallery Version 5.1.00.1221 *
    Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version 6.00.2900.2180
    *
    Microsoft Corporation - Messenger Version 4.7.3000 *
    Microsoft Corporation - Windows Installer - Unicode Version
    3.1.4000.1823 * Microsoft Corporation - Windows Movie Maker Version
    2.1.4026.0 *
    Microsoft Corporation - Windows® NetMeeting® Version 3.01 *
    Microsoft Corporation - Zone.com Version 1.2.626.1 *
    Microsoft Data Access Components Version 3.525.1117.0 *
    Microsoft Office 2000 Version 9.0.2719 *
    Microsoft Outlook Version 9.0.2416 *
    Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows Version 9.0.2716 *
    Microsoft(R) Windows Media Player Version 9.00.00.3250 *
    Microsoft® Access Version 9.0.2719 *
    Microsoft® FrontPage® 2000 Version 4.0.2.2717 *
    Microsoft® Internet Services Version 6.1.27.0 *
    Nero AG - Cover Designer Version 2, 3, 7, 0 *
    Nero AG - InfoTool Application Version 4, 0, 3, 0 *
    Nero AG - SpecialOffer Application Version 1, 0, 0, 3 *
    Nero AG NeroCheck Version 1, 0, 0, 5 *
    Nero CD - DVD Speed Version 4, 5, 1, 1 *
    Nero DriveSpeed Version 3, 0, 6, 0 *
    Nullsoft - Winamp Version 5.08c *
    PrintMaster Deluxe *
    REMIND Application Version 1, 0, 0, 1 *
    Safer Networking Limited - Secure Shredder Version 1.9.0.0 *
    Safer Networking Limited - Spybot - Search & Destroy Version 1,
    5, 2, 0 *
    Safer Networking Limited - SpyBot-S&D Version 1, 5, 2, 0 *
    Serif DrawPlus Version 3.0.1.0 *
    Setup/Uninstall Version 0.0.0.0 *
    Sonic Solutions - RecordNow Version 5.00 *
    Stomp - Click'N Design 3D Version 5.01.0004 *
    Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U7 Version
    6.0.70.6 *
    Symantec Application Core Version 1.1 *
    Symantec Core Component Version 1.9.2.74 *
    Symantec Corporation - Firewall Component Version 1.2 *
    Symantec Corporation - LiveUpdate Notice Version 1.4 *
    Symantec Corporation - LiveUpdate Version 3.2.0.68 *
    Symantec Corporation - Norton AntiVirus Version 14.2.0 *
    Symantec Corporation - Norton Protection Center Version
    2007.4.00 *
    Symantec Security Technologies Version 106.2.0.21 *
    Symantec Shared Component Version 10.2 *
    Symantec Shared Components Version 3.1 *
    System Diagnostic *
    TreeCardGames.com - 123 Free Solitaire Version 5.5 *
    UnderCoverXP Application Version 1, 5, 0, 0 *
    UpdateIPR.exe *
    WinampAgent *
    Wizards to adjust .NET Framework security, assign trust to
    assemblies, and fix broken .NET applications. Version 1.0.5000.0 *

    * Click to see where software is installed.
    a. Megahertz measurement may be inaccurate if other programs
    were busy during last analysis.
    b. Data may be transferred on the bus at one, two, or four times
    the Bus Clock rate.
    c. Memory slot contents may not add up to Installed Memory if
    some memory is not recognized by Windows.
    d. Memory slot contents is reported by the motherboard BIOS.
    Contact system vendor if slot contents are wrong.
    e. This may be the manufacturer's factory installed product key
    rather than yours.
    Copyright 2000-5, Belarc, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Legal notice. U.S. Patents 6085229, 5665951 and Patents pending.

    detap, Jan 12, 2009
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 08:31:25 -0800, "detap" <> wrote:

    >(((see if this helps)))

    <SNIP: 500 lines of crap>.

    Maybe if you read BTS's reply, you could answer it in.. oh, I don't
    know.. 2 or 3 lines or so?

    Evan Platt, Jan 12, 2009
  5. detap wrote:

    > dose any one know what the problem is

    Fix your clock.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 12, 2009
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:51:35 -0800, "detap" <> wrote:

    >dose any one know what the problem is it mite be 500 line of crap but I
    >still need to know what I can do to make it work...

    The 'problem' is BTS asked you a very simple question, one that you
    could answer in probably 20 words or less, and you post 500 lines of
    garbage.

    If you want people's help, answer the question. Don't expect someone
    to read a book for you.

    Evan Platt, Jan 12, 2009
  7. Evan Platt wrote:

    > .. and [detap] post 500 lines of garbage.

    It seems my news server dropped his 500-line post. Perhaps that is a
    blessing in disguise.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 12, 2009
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    detap Guest

    detap, Jan 12, 2009
  9. detap wrote:

    [Top-posting fixed. Please note where everyone else posts replies.]

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> detap wrote:
    >>> dose any one know what the problem is

    >> Fix your clock.

    > there is nothing wrong with my clock it the right time were I'm at if
    > you would stop complaining about the petty stuff maybe

    Do you live in Arizona? What reason do you give for having posts an
    hour later than those who reply to you?

    > I could get an answer to my question don't you thing

    No, I don't thing you are going to get an answer until you ask an
    intelligent question.

    >> --
    >> -bts
    >> -Friends don't let friends drive Windows

    Learn to trim signatures. Look here; this add-on will help your
    less-than-capable news client:

    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 12, 2009
  10. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:53:48 -0800, "detap" <> wrote:

    >there is nothing wrong with my clock it the right time

    No, it's not.

    >were I'm at if you would stop complaining about the petty stuff maybe I could get an answer to
    >my question don't you thing

    <my head hurts>

    Try answering the simple question you've been asked.

    Evan Platt, Jan 12, 2009
  11. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:04:38 -0800, "detap" <> wrote:

    >evan... I have got replies from you before, and they never have an solution
    >to the problem at hand all I have got form you is smart assed remarks if you
    >have a solution then say so if not keep your opinions to yourself
    >

    >"Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:51:35 -0800, "detap" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>dose any one know what the problem is it mite be 500 line of crap but I
    >>>still need to know what I can do to make it work...

    >> The 'problem' is BTS asked you a very simple question, one that you
    >> could answer in probably 20 words or less, and you post 500 lines of
    >> garbage.
    >>
    >> If you want people's help, answer the question. Don't expect someone
    >> to read a book for you.
    >> --
    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    If you are trying to type in english, you need help with that alone.
    No body here speaks engrish.

    joevan, Jan 12, 2009
  12. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    John Holmes Guest

    detap "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:51:35 -0800, "detap" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>dose any one know what the problem is it mite be 500 line of crap
    >>>but I still need to know what I can do to make it work...

    >> The 'problem' is BTS asked you a very simple question, one that you
    >> could answer in probably 20 words or less, and you post 500 lines of
    >> garbage.
    >>
    >> If you want people's help, answer the question. Don't expect someone
    >> to read a book for you.
    >> --
    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    <top-poasting corrected, yet again>

    > evan... I have got replies from you before, and they never have an
    > solution to the problem at hand all I have got form you is smart assed
    > remarks if you have a solution then say so if not keep your opinions
    > to yourself

    That might be because Evan Pratt is a know-nothing idiot. I've never seen
    Evan poasting a decent answer. All his answers are crap. Ignore him. I
    don't, because I keep laughing my ass off reading his retarded replies.

    HTH

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 12, 2009
  13. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    detap Guest

    detap, Jan 12, 2009
  14. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:04:38 -0800, "detap" <> wrote:

    >evan... I have got replies from you before, and they never have an solution
    >to the problem at hand

    And I've tried to help you on NUMEROUS occasions. You NEVER provide
    sufficient information, getting basic information from you is like
    pulling teeth... Others ask too, but it generally takes 4 or 5 replies
    from you for basic information - information that, you'd figure by the
    5th or 6th time, you'd learn to provide.

    "Sound doesn't work" thread. Or rather the 4 you created. People asked
    you on numerous occasions for additional information.

    "receiving bytes". I asked you for additional information. You never
    responded.

    You then posted the exact same question. Again.

    "getting online with internal modem" you posted 5 times.

    >all I have got form you is smart assed remarks if you
    >have a solution then say so if not keep your opinions to yourself

    I - or someone else (TINSE) may have a suggestion if you could answer
    questions that have been asked of you.

    Evan Platt, Jan 12, 2009
  15. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:33:18 -0800, "detap" <> wrote:

    >and another angry ma heard from

    What language is that so I can put it in Babelfish?

    Evan Platt, Jan 12, 2009
  16. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:30:16 -0800, "detap" <> wrote:

    >my question is a intelligent my question is

    HUH??

    >((when trying to scan my hard drive for error

    And you're trying to scan your hard drive for error HOW?

    >..... I get this message to scan you need to restart to access some file..

    "To scan you need to restart to access some file"?

    How about the EXACT error?

    >But when I do this I get the same message no mater what I do I am unable to complete this task. can I
    >am using window XP pro Processor a
    > 2.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
    > 128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    > 512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    >
    >I hope this what you need

    <sigh>

    I give up.

    Evan Platt, Jan 12, 2009
  17. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    detap Guest

    detap, Jan 12, 2009
  18. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    detap Guest

    my question is a intelligent my question is ((when trying to scan my

    detap, Jan 12, 2009
  19. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    detap Guest

    it was a mistake Evan do you ever make them

    detap, Jan 12, 2009
  20. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    detap Guest

    detap, Jan 12, 2009