    Seems like it will take about 4 days.
    Pc is hp athlon dual core 4600

    Thank you.

    Roky, Aug 26, 2010

  2. Roky

    JD Guest

    On 26/08/2010 4:29 AM, Roky wrote:
    > I bought a external WD essentials,2tb hard drive.
    > Should i scan it for errors?
    > I am currently using Ariolic Free disk scanner and in 12 hours it
    > appears to have filled in with green about 1/8 of the boxes.
    > Is this the best way to do this?
    > Seems like it will take about 4 days.
    > Pc is hp athlon dual core 4600
    >
    > Thank you.

    Whether you should or should not scan for error's is up to you, I
    personally don't.
    The length of time it takes you to scan the disk has nothing to do
    with the speed of your CPU, its the throughput of the USB connection, it
    would be quicker to scan the drive by removing it from the enclosure and
    connecting it directly to the SATA port inside your computer, but that
    would no doubt invalidate the warranty.

    JD

    JD, Aug 26, 2010