    and 'millersmiles.co.uk', but every one I send comes back as undelivered.
    Was just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden purge of Scams, or could
    it be something I am doing or not doing, if you get my drift.
    pat, Mar 28, 2005

  2. pat

    carson Guest

    "pat" <> wrote in message
    news:d29b77$ilm$...
    > I have never before received any scam emails. Over the last two weeks, I
    > have suddenly started receiving loads of them. So far from, Ebay, PayPal,
    > Huntington and now today, one from Key Bank, none of which I am a

    customer.
    > As advised I have tried to report these to 2 web sites 'Anti phishing.org'
    > and 'millersmiles.co.uk', but every one I send comes back as undelivered.
    > Was just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden purge of Scams, or

    could
    > it be something I am doing or not doing, if you get my drift.
    >

    > is that your real email address above?

    if so..........
    carson, Mar 28, 2005

  3. "pat" <> wrote in message
    >I have never before received any scam emails. Over the last two weeks, I
    >have suddenly started receiving loads of them. So far from, Ebay, PayPal,
    >Huntington and now today, one from Key Bank, none of which I am a customer.
    >As advised I have tried to report these to 2 web sites 'Anti phishing.org'
    >and 'millersmiles.co.uk', but every one I send comes back as undelivered.
    >Was just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden purge of Scams, or could
    >it be something I am doing or not doing, if you get my drift.

    Using your real email address in newsgroup won't help you avoid spam/scam.

    Spoof your email address

    etc.

    **SS**
    secret squiddle, Mar 28, 2005
  4. pat wrote:

    > I have never before received any scam emails. Over the last two weeks, I
    > have suddenly started receiving loads of them. So far from, Ebay, PayPal,
    > Huntington and now today, one from Key Bank, none of which I am a customer.
    > As advised I have tried to report these to 2 web sites 'Anti phishing.org'
    > and 'millersmiles.co.uk', but every one I send comes back as undelivered.
    > Was just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden purge of Scams, or could
    > it be something I am doing or not doing, if you get my drift.

    If I had to guess, your email address just got passed around to some of
    the lists. It may be related to you having signed up for some service or
    bought some product, but it may not. It could be that some address
    harvesting bot just got your email address from newsgroups, such as the
    one you posted to this group with. You may be blessed with more spam now.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 28, 2005
  5. pat

    pat Guest

    Good point, don't know why I didn't think of that. It is only recently I
    have started to use the newsgroup, so that is probably why. Can you please
    tell me how to Spoof my email address? Thanks.

    pat, Mar 28, 2005
  6. pat

    carson Guest

    "pat" <> wrote in message
    > Good point, don't know why I didn't think of that. It is only recently I
    > have started to use the newsgroup, so that is probably why. Can you please
    > tell me how to Spoof my email address? Thanks.

    tools-->accounts--->news--->properties
    change to
    carson, Mar 28, 2005
  7. pat

    pat Guest

    Thanks a lot. They say you learn something new every day. Not sure who says
    it, but it's true.

    pat, Mar 28, 2005
  8. pat

    MJP Guest

    "pat" <> wrote in message
    >I have never before received any scam emails. Over the last two weeks, I
    >have suddenly started receiving loads of them. So far from, Ebay, PayPal,
    >Huntington and now today, one from Key Bank, none of which I am a customer.
    >As advised I have tried to report these to 2 web sites 'Anti phishing.org'
    >and 'millersmiles.co.uk', but every one I send comes back as undelivered.
    >Was just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden purge of Scams, or could
    >it be something I am doing or not doing, if you get my drift.

    > d. How should I NOT mung my address?

    (AOLers! Be sure to read Section 5, "Instructions for AOL members")

    - IMPORTANT! Do not make up domain names! Most of them actually
    exist, and your fakery could cause them a lot of woe. Certain
    domains are already virtually useless because of folks using them
    in mungs and forgeries. Plus, new domain names are being added all
    the time, and you never know if someone might want to use your mung;
    your actions today -do- have an effect on the future!
    MJP, Mar 28, 2005
  9. pat

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Mar 28, 2005
  10. pat

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:57:59 +0100, pat wrote:

    >Thanks a lot. They say you learn something new every day. Not sure who says
    >it, but it's true.
    >
    >"carson" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "pat" <> wrote in message
    >>> Good point, don't know why I didn't think of that. It is only recently I
    >>> have started to use the newsgroup, so that is probably why. Can you
    >>> please
    >>> tell me how to Spoof my email address? Thanks.

    >> tools-->accounts--->news--->properties
    >> change to

    Not very clever to use whatever.com as it belongs to someone and
    redirects to a web site beargear.com

    Registrant:
    Dreamissary
    PO Box 928019
    San Diego, California 92192
    United States

    Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: WHATEVER.COM
    Created on: 14-Aug-97
    Expires on: 13-Aug-06
    Last Updated on: 26-Oct-04

    So in the case of name @ the domain mentioned above they get the spam.

    Which is a very kind and thoughtful to do to them.

    A few guides mentioned in 24HSHD from time to time,

    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    Me
    why?, Mar 28, 2005
  11. secret squiddle wrote:

    > "pat" <> wrote in message
    >>I have never before received any scam emails. Over the last two weeks, I
    >>have suddenly started receiving loads of them. So far from, Ebay, PayPal,
    >>Huntington and now today, one from Key Bank, none of which I am a customer.
    >>As advised I have tried to report these to 2 web sites 'Anti phishing.org'
    >>and 'millersmiles.co.uk', but every one I send comes back as undelivered.
    >>Was just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden purge of Scams, or could
    >>it be something I am doing or not doing, if you get my drift.

    > Using your real email address in newsgroup won't help you avoid spam/scam.

    > Spoof your email address

    > etc.

    Nice move, recommend he abuse the servers at ever.com, even as an
    example.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2005
  12. carson wrote:

    > "pat" <> wrote in message
    >> Good point, don't know why I didn't think of that. It is only recently I
    >> have started to use the newsgroup, so that is probably why. Can you please
    >> tell me how to Spoof my email address? Thanks.

    > tools-->accounts--->news--->properties
    > change to

    Pat, don't follow this literally. You'll be abusing the servers at
    whatever.com. The point is that you don't just make up shit and call
    it your address.

    Instead, read some intelligent suggestions:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2005
  13. pat wrote:

    > Thanks a lot. They say you learn something new every day. Not sure who says
    > it, but it's true.

    Wrong. You learned from the wrong people. You're now abusing the mail servers
    at

    Domain Name: THICKO.COM

    Administrative Contact:
    Thompson, Wm Severin
    Thicko
    PO BOX 1048
    LAKE VILLA, IL 60046-1048
    US
    (847) 356-9514

    You don't just make up shit when you munge; you do it intelligently.
    Read the munging guide at:

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2005
  14. "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > secret squiddle wrote:
    >
    >> "pat" <> wrote in message
    >>>I have never before received any scam emails. Over the last two weeks, I
    >>>have suddenly started receiving loads of them. So far from, Ebay, PayPal,
    >>>Huntington and now today, one from Key Bank, none of which I am a
    >>>customer.
    >>>As advised I have tried to report these to 2 web sites 'Anti
    >>>phishing.org'
    >>>and 'millersmiles.co.uk', but every one I send comes back as undelivered.
    >>>Was just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden purge of Scams, or
    >>>could
    >>>it be something I am doing or not doing, if you get my drift.

    >> Using your real email address in newsgroup won't help you avoid
    >> spam/scam.

    >> Spoof your email address

    >> etc.

    > Nice move, recommend he abuse the servers at ever.com, even as an
    > example.

    You are right, I stand corrected. Much better to use something that isn't in
    common usage. like 34fjjkkituy.com
    **SS**
    secret squiddle, Mar 28, 2005
  15. secret squiddle wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> secret squiddle wrote:

    >>> "pat" <> wrote in message

    >>> Using your real email address in newsgroup won't help you avoid
    >>> spam/scam.

    >>> Spoof your email address

    >>> etc.

    >> Nice move, recommend he abuse the servers at ever.com, even as an
    >> example.

    > You are right, I stand corrected. Much better to use something that
    > isn't in common usage. like 34fjjkkituy.com **SS**

    That's a little bit bitter, but why not just use the .invalid TLD, rather
    than playing a guessing game about what might be or what might someday
    be registered? It's a losing game.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 28, 2005
  16. pat

    John Holmes Guest

    Blinky the Shark asked in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > secret squiddle wrote:
    >
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Nice move, recommend he abuse the servers at ever.com, even as an
    >>> example.

    >> You are right, I stand corrected. Much better to use something that
    >> isn't in common usage. like 34fjjkkituy.com **SS**

    > That's a little bit bitter, but why not just use the .invalid TLD,

    rather
    > than playing a guessing game about what might be or what might someday
    > be registered? It's a losing game.

    Fucking hell, I was about to register 34fjjkkituy.com tomorrow. Guess
    I'll have to find me another nifty name now, eh?

    --
    - John Holmes -

    " I ain't no **** "

    \|/
    John Holmes, Mar 28, 2005
  17. pat

    shooter Guest

    pat wrote:
    > I have never before received any scam emails. Over the last two

    weeks, I
    > have suddenly started receiving loads of them. So far from, Ebay,

    PayPal,
    > Huntington and now today, one from Key Bank, none of which I am a

    customer.
    > As advised I have tried to report these to 2 web sites 'Anti

    phishing.org'
    > and 'millersmiles.co.uk', but every one I send comes back as

    undelivered.
    > Was just wondering if anyone else has had a sudden purge of Scams, or

    could
    > it be something I am doing or not doing, if you get my drift.

    I started getting a lot of them about a month ago. Forward them to
    ^M
    shooter, Mar 29, 2005
  18. pat

    Plato Guest

    pat wrote:

    > I have never before received any scam emails. Over the last two weeks, I
    > have suddenly started receiving loads of them. So far from, Ebay, PayPal,

    Dont even bother downloading them. Delete them on the mail server and
    save time and energy.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 29, 2005

    Erirbog the foreskin-joker, Mar 30, 2005

    You fucktard ****.
    Mirag the strumpet-officer, Mar 30, 2005