    similar)
    Once again what is the point?

    BB

    Bob B, May 27, 2007

  2. Bob B

    Vanguard Guest

    "Bob B" <> wrote in message
    news:3Ef6i.4337$...
    > What is the point of some scammer using my domain name to send mail. I
    > only know somebody is doing this because when the mail is bounced I
    > get a message from one of the postmasters saying the email cant be
    > delivered (or something similar)
    > Once again what is the point?

    Yeah, like thieves and con artists use their true identities. You know
    absolutely no one for these a-holes to pretend to be you in trying to
    lure your friends into opening their spam mails?

    Vanguard, May 27, 2007

  3. Bob B wrote:
    > What is the point of some scammer using my domain name to send mail. I only
    > know somebody is doing this because when the mail is bounced I get a message
    > from one of the postmasters saying the email cant be delivered (or something
    > similar)
    > Once again what is the point?

    Don't have an open relay, do you?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 27, 2007
  4. Bob B

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <3Ef6i.4337$>,
    says...
    > What is the point of some scammer using my domain name to send mail. I only
    > know somebody is doing this because when the mail is bounced I get a message
    > from one of the postmasters saying the email cant be delivered (or something
    > similar)
    > Once again what is the point?
    >
    > BB

    some servers will reject email that doesn't have a valid reply-to
    address. So the filthy bottom feeders use the email address of one of
    their victims as a reply address. That way their tit and pill spam gets
    delivered, and they don't have to cope with the bounces or rejects

    FR

    Flying Rat, May 27, 2007
  5. On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:24:15 GMT, "Bob B" <> wrote:

    >What is the point of some scammer using my domain name to send mail. I only
    >know somebody is doing this because when the mail is bounced I get a message
    >from one of the postmasters saying the email cant be delivered (or something
    >similar)
    >Once again what is the point?
    >
    >BB

    It depends what the scam says. Some are just a URL and don't need a
    reply so any address can be used.

    Steve

    --
    Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

    http://www.easynn.com

    Steve Wolstenholme, May 27, 2007
  6. Bob B

    Richard Guest

    --

    "Flying Rat" <> wrote in message
    > In article <3Ef6i.4337$>,
    > says...
    >> What is the point of some scammer using my domain name to send mail. I
    >> only
    >> know somebody is doing this because when the mail is bounced I get a
    >> message
    >> from one of the postmasters saying the email cant be delivered (or
    >> something
    >> similar)
    >> Once again what is the point?
    >>
    >> BB
    >>

    > some servers will reject email that doesn't have a valid reply-to
    > address. So the filthy bottom feeders use the email address of one of
    > their victims as a reply address. That way their tit and pill spam gets
    > delivered, and they don't have to cope with the bounces or rejects
    >
    > FR

    How do they get your email address and then when they have got it why do
    they another name before the @ sign?
    Richard Woollacott
    Please look at http://www.sri-lanka.org.uk

    Richard, May 27, 2007
  7. Bob B

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 27 May 2007 16:04:41 +0100, Richard wrote:

    <Nothing>

    Hey. That's one hell of a sig you've got.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    the other English teams put together :)

    Aardvark, May 27, 2007
  8. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    "Richard" <rwoollacott(remove this)@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

    > --
    >

    > "Flying Rat" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <3Ef6i.4337$>,
    >> says...
    >>> What is the point of some scammer using my domain name to send mail. I
    >>> only
    >>> know somebody is doing this because when the mail is bounced I get a
    >>> message
    >>> from one of the postmasters saying the email cant be delivered (or
    >>> something
    >>> similar)
    >>> Once again what is the point?
    >>>
    >>> BB
    >>>

    >> some servers will reject email that doesn't have a valid reply-to
    >> address. So the filthy bottom feeders use the email address of one of
    >> their victims as a reply address. That way their tit and pill spam gets
    >> delivered, and they don't have to cope with the bounces or rejects
    >>
    >> FR

    > How do they get your email address and then when they have got it why do
    > they another name before the @ sign?
    > Richard Woollacott
    > Please look at http://www.sri-lanka.org.uk

    I reckon they have guessed my domain name cos although I use a number of
    different name before the @ they have never used any I have previously used.
    Guess the correct answer is the one suggesting this reply address does allow
    delivery of their spam emails although of course they will never see a reply
    !! Also I have never had a reply to the email they have sent using my
    address so I guess they are just advertising. I have been lucky for a
    number of years now as I have never had many spam emails myself so I suppose
    it will be my turn for a while !!

    BB

    Bob B, May 27, 2007