scam??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ben, May 30, 2005.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Got an official sounding email through....says it's been sent to me because
    I'm listed with monster.co.uk, a website for people looking for jobs. I've
    never registered with monster.co.uk using this email address.

    The email link in the email was for this site:

    I went to the site and followed the link to jobs:
    http://www.honda-worldwide.net/index.php?sect_id=7

    Reading through it sounds very much like a scam somebody tried to pull on a
    friend of mine when he tried to sell his car, where a large cheque is put
    into your account, you forwards the balance less 5% and then the origional
    cheque bounces leaving you out of pocket since you've forwarded money on.

    What do you all think....does this look like a very professional scam or is
    this a legitimate company with dubious business practices? Either way I'm
    not going to have anything to do with it them!

    Ben

    Ben, May 30, 2005

  2. Ben wrote:
    > Got an official sounding email through....says it's been sent to me because
    > I'm listed with monster.co.uk, a website for people looking for jobs. I've
    > never registered with monster.co.uk using this email address.
    >
    > The email link in the email was for this site:
    >

    > I went to the site and followed the link to jobs:
    > http://www.honda-worldwide.net/index.php?sect_id=7
    >
    > Reading through it sounds very much like a scam somebody tried to pull on a
    > friend of mine when he tried to sell his car, where a large cheque is put
    > into your account, you forwards the balance less 5% and then the origional
    > cheque bounces leaving you out of pocket since you've forwarded money on.
    >
    > What do you all think....does this look like a very professional scam or is
    > this a legitimate company with dubious business practices? Either way I'm
    > not going to have anything to do with it them!

    I think you already know the answer. What legit worldwide company
    insists on using employees' personal bank accounts? Jesus H. Christ.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 30, 2005

  3. Ben

    GccTx Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > Got an official sounding email through....says it's been sent to me
    > because I'm listed with monster.co.uk, a website for people looking for
    > jobs. I've never registered with monster.co.uk using this email address.
    >
    > The email link in the email was for this site:
    >

    > I went to the site and followed the link to jobs:
    > http://www.honda-worldwide.net/index.php?sect_id=7
    >
    > Reading through it sounds very much like a scam somebody tried to pull on
    > a friend of mine when he tried to sell his car, where a large cheque is
    > put into your account, you forwards the balance less 5% and then the
    > origional cheque bounces leaving you out of pocket since you've forwarded
    > money on.
    >
    > What do you all think....does this look like a very professional scam or
    > is this a legitimate company with dubious business practices? Either way
    > I'm not going to have anything to do with it them!
    >
    > Ben

    Of course it's a scam.....

    Read this > http://dallas.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

    GccTx, May 30, 2005
  4. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Ben wrote:
    >
    >> Got an official sounding email through....says it's been sent to me
    >> because I'm listed with monster.co.uk, a website for people looking
    >> for jobs. I've never registered with monster.co.uk using this email
    >> address.
    >>
    >> The email link in the email was for this site:
    >>

    >> I went to the site and followed the link to jobs:
    >> http://www.honda-worldwide.net/index.php?sect_id=7
    >>
    >> Reading through it sounds very much like a scam somebody tried to pull
    >> on a friend of mine when he tried to sell his car, where a large
    >> cheque is put into your account, you forwards the balance less 5% and
    >> then the origional cheque bounces leaving you out of pocket since
    >> you've forwarded money on.
    >>
    >> What do you all think....does this look like a very professional scam
    >> or is this a legitimate company with dubious business practices?
    >> Either way I'm not going to have anything to do with it them!

    > I think you already know the answer. What legit worldwide company
    > insists on using employees' personal bank accounts? Jesus H. Christ.

    Does the name James Harris sound like the person in charge of
    Honda-Worldwide (whatever that is) in all it's many departments?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W11821A2B

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 30, 2005
  5. Ben wrote:

    > Got an official sounding email through....says it's been sent to me because
    > I'm listed with monster.co.uk, a website for people looking for jobs. I've
    > never registered with monster.co.uk using this email address.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Then how many more clues do you need that this is bogus?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 30, 2005
  6. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Ben wrote:

    >>> Got an official sounding email through....says it's been sent to me
    >>> because I'm listed with monster.co.uk, a website for people looking
    >>> for jobs. I've never registered with monster.co.uk using this email
    >>> address.

    >>> The email link in the email was for this site:
    >>>

    >>> I went to the site and followed the link to jobs:
    >>> http://www.honda-worldwide.net/index.php?sect_id=7

    >>> Reading through it sounds very much like a scam somebody tried to pull
    >>> on a friend of mine when he tried to sell his car, where a large
    >>> cheque is put into your account, you forwards the balance less 5% and
    >>> then the origional cheque bounces leaving you out of pocket since
    >>> you've forwarded money on.

    >>> What do you all think....does this look like a very professional scam
    >>> or is this a legitimate company with dubious business practices?
    >>> Either way I'm not going to have anything to do with it them!

    >> I think you already know the answer. What legit worldwide company
    >> insists on using employees' personal bank accounts? Jesus H. Christ.

    > Does the name James Harris sound like the person in charge of
    > Honda-Worldwide (whatever that is) in all it's many departments?
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?W11821A2B

    Hey, he owes me money...

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 30, 2005
  7. Ben

    Buffalo Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > Got an official sounding email through....says it's been sent to me because
    > I'm listed with monster.co.uk, a website for people looking for jobs. I've
    > never registered with monster.co.uk using this email address.
    >
    > The email link in the email was for this site:
    >

    > I went to the site and followed the link to jobs:
    > http://www.honda-worldwide.net/index.php?sect_id=7
    >
    > Reading through it sounds very much like a scam somebody tried to pull on a
    > friend of mine when he tried to sell his car, where a large cheque is put
    > into your account, you forwards the balance less 5% and then the origional
    > cheque bounces leaving you out of pocket since you've forwarded money on.
    >
    > What do you all think....does this look like a very professional scam or is
    > this a legitimate company with dubious business practices? Either way I'm
    > not going to have anything to do with it them!
    >
    > Ben

    Sounds like a great idea.
    How come I never get a chance like this.
    Some people have all the luck!!!!
    If you don't think this is a scam, I have something to sell you.

    Buffalo, May 30, 2005
  8. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >>Rôgêr wrote:

    >>>I think you already know the answer. What legit worldwide company
    >>>insists on using employees' personal bank accounts? Jesus H. Christ.

    >>Does the name James Harris sound like the person in charge of
    >>Honda-Worldwide (whatever that is) in all it's many departments?
    >>http://makeashorterlink.com/?W11821A2B

    > Hey, he owes me money...

    Nah, that's James Davis. I'll have his people call your people.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 30, 2005
  9. Ben

    Jones Guest

    "Ben" <> wrote in message
    > Got an official sounding email through....says it's been sent to me
    > because I'm listed with monster.co.uk, a website for people looking for
    > jobs. I've never registered with monster.co.uk using this email address.
    >
    > The email link in the email was for this site:
    >

    > I went to the site and followed the link to jobs:
    > http://www.honda-worldwide.net/index.php?sect_id=7
    >
    > Reading through it sounds very much like a scam somebody tried to pull on
    > a friend of mine when he tried to sell his car, where a large cheque is
    > put into your account, you forwards the balance less 5% and then the
    > origional cheque bounces leaving you out of pocket since you've forwarded
    > money on.
    >
    > What do you all think....does this look like a very professional scam or
    > is this a legitimate company with dubious business practices? Either way
    > I'm not going to have anything to do with it them!
    >
    > Ben

    These online scams are frightening, because the net gives crooks the ability
    to get reach you in ways never before possible! One good criminal idea
    (although none are good obviously) can be replicated many many times over.

    Jones, May 30, 2005
  10. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >>>Does the name James Harris sound like the person in charge of
    >>>Honda-Worldwide (whatever that is) in all it's many departments?
    >>>http://makeashorterlink.com/?W11821A2B

    >> Hey, he owes me money...

    > Nah, that's James Davis. I'll have his people call your people.

    Ever see them both in the same place at the same time?

    I didn't think so. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, May 30, 2005
  11. Ben

    Joel Rubin Guest

    domains-abuse at yahoo-inc.com

    It's a Yahoo domain. I would note that there have been a few Yahoo
    domains apparently set up for phishing.

    Joel Rubin, May 30, 2005