    - = -
    http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

    , Jun 8, 2010

  2. Bodincus Guest

    (08/06/10 01:38), :
    > Suppose an outfit needs to use twenty five lines for robocalling one
    > week every thre emonths, can the use of thos elines be scaled on
    > demand or does one have to pay the VOIP (say Vonage) for all the lines
    > all the time?
    >
    > - = -
    > Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
    > http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
    > ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
    > [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
    > [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

    ?????
    VoIP <> lines !!!!!
    There is NO such concept as "lines" in VoIP.
    Sure, Vonage et al will force upon you the obsolete and misleading
    concept of "lines", but VoIP doesn't use one physical media to carry
    each conversation, so - given you have enough bandwidth - you can carry
    1 or 10000 conversations with the same VoIP account.
    If you need more than two simultaneous conversations, I recommend the
    use of a SIP trunk, rather than a basic SIP registration.
    A SIP trunk can carry as many simultaneous conversations as you want:
    you pay a monthly fee (usually low) and then for all the traffic you
    make. That's it.
    <tongue-in-cheek> Stay well clear from Vonage et al, overpriced and
    misleading. </tongue-in-cheek>
    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid

    Bodincus, Jun 8, 2010