    22 inch Monitor with audio via the screen...trouble is he can hardly hear
    the sound...any tips to improve volume?
    Cheers.

    John Brown, Feb 23, 2008

  2. John Brown

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:05:37 -0000, "John Brown"
    <> wrote:

    >Mate's just received a new pc - has a nice Fujitsu-Siemens SCALEOVIEW D22W-1
    >22 inch Monitor with audio via the screen...trouble is he can hardly hear
    >the sound...any tips to improve volume?
    >Cheers.

    External speakers. Internal's always did suck.
    I have a pair of Phillip's speakers which, for what they are, are damn
    decent. And for only about $30 well worth it.
    With the software, I can change the "acoustics" to get a different
    "sound" to them.
    A total of 8 speakers, 10 watts each, in two columns makes a hell of a
    combo.

    --

    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain(attributed)

    richard, Feb 23, 2008

  3. John Brown wrote:

    > Mate's just received a new pc - has a nice Fujitsu-Siemens SCALEOVIEW
    > D22W-1 22 inch Monitor with audio via the screen...trouble is he can
    > hardly hear the sound...any tips to improve volume?
    > Cheers.

    The volume control on the monitor is set to maximum?
    The volume controls (master, pcm or whatever) on the soundcard mixer are set
    to a reasonable value?
    Is the correct (green) socket at the back of the pc used to connect the
    monitor speakers?
    Some weird x-channel setting on the mixer? (leave it at 2-channel)

    wisdomkiller & pain, Feb 23, 2008
  4. John Brown wrote:

    > Mate's just received a new pc - has a nice Fujitsu-Siemens SCALEOVIEW D22W-1
    > 22 inch Monitor with audio via the screen...trouble is he can hardly hear
    > the sound...any tips to improve volume?

    Audio via the screen? Guess he'll have to turn up the brightness. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 23, 2008
  5. John Brown

    chuckcar Guest

    "John Brown" <> wrote in

    > Mate's just received a new pc - has a nice Fujitsu-Siemens SCALEOVIEW
    > D22W-1 22 inch Monitor with audio via the screen...trouble is he can
    > hardly hear the sound...any tips to improve volume?
    > Cheers.

    Must not be made for computers right? It's been a *while* since they
    stopped putting amplifiers in sound cards. You *could* plug it through
    an amplifier (using the aux input *don't* use phono, that's *extremely*
    low - you may blow the channels), anyways the reason is that amplifiers
    use power and power supplies on computers are pretty taxed as it is.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Feb 24, 2008
  6. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    ok - Thanks for the comments...better get a pair of speakers!
    ===========

    John Brown, Feb 24, 2008
  7. John Brown

    ProfGene Guest

    John Brown wrote:
    > Mate's just received a new pc - has a nice Fujitsu-Siemens SCALEOVIEW D22W-1
    > 22 inch Monitor with audio via the screen...trouble is he can hardly hear
    > the sound...any tips to improve volume?
    > Cheers.

    Speakers in monitors are very tinny. Your best bet would be to get some
    real speakers and disconnect the sound cable to the monitor speakers.

    ProfGene, Apr 12, 2008