    not for the PC.

    I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
    Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA
    Keith, Jan 26, 2006

  2. Keith

    XPD Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My (7 yr old) son has become besotted with Scalar, a game he has been
    > playing on his mate's Xbox. Scalar is available for Xbox and PS 2 but
    > not for the PC.
    >
    > I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
    > Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA

    You sure thats the name ? Unable to find anything online relating to an
    actual game (apart from the graphics side of things...ie: scalar graphics)
    with that name.
    XPD, Jan 26, 2006

  3. Keith

    Daniel Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>My (7 yr old) son has become besotted with Scalar, a game he has been
    >>playing on his mate's Xbox. Scalar is available for Xbox and PS 2 but
    >>not for the PC.
    >>
    >>I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
    >>Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA

    > You sure thats the name ? Unable to find anything online relating to an
    > actual game (apart from the graphics side of things...ie: scalar graphics)
    > with that name.

    I think the correct spelling is Scaler (possibly pronounced scalar).
    Daniel, Jan 26, 2006
  4. Keith

    Keith Guest

    In article <drbidt$jd2$>,
    says...
    > XPD wrote:
    > > "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>My (7 yr old) son has become besotted with Scalar, a game he has been
    > >>playing on his mate's Xbox. Scalar is available for Xbox and PS 2 but
    > >>not for the PC.
    > >>
    > >>I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
    > >>Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA

    > > You sure thats the name ? Unable to find anything online relating to an
    > > actual game (apart from the graphics side of things...ie: scalar graphics)
    > > with that name.
    > >

    > I think the correct spelling is Scaler (possibly pronounced scalar).

    Ewe arr write!
    Keith, Jan 26, 2006
  5. Keith

    Daniel Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > My (7 yr old) son has become besotted with Scalar, a game he has been
    > playing on his mate's Xbox. Scalar is available for Xbox and PS 2 but
    > not for the PC.
    >
    > I don't want to fork out $270 for a platform machine just for one game.
    > Does anybody know Scalar and recomend something similar for a PC? TIA

    Personally, I think you may better served getting a dedicated console in
    the long run.

    So many "family-friendly" games targetted at a younger audience just
    aren't availabe on the PC. Plus I've found the PC to be a less
    convenient gaming platform for young kids for various reasons (mainly
    because the "big" kid likes to play his games... ahem). Also, console
    games are designed to be played with console constrollers - which can't
    be said of PC games (i.e. it's probably more intuitive to pick-up and
    play with an Xbox controller than to use a keyboard).
    Plus a lot video shops will rent you games anyway (United Video are
    quite good I've found), if you want a cheap source of short-term and
    varied gaming enjoyment.
    Daniel, Jan 27, 2006