SBS 2003 & exam 70-282

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Mark, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    I have been using and servicing NT, 2000, & 2003. Have all
    three in my network. I've been at this since 1995
    (servers) and 1987 (PCs). I've never taken a cert exam.

    Now, I find that I need to learn and KNOW SBS 2003 (70-
    282), and would like to locate study material for it. MS
    says that they have not published self-study material for
    it.

    They have designed MOC 2395 for this subject, but no one
    seems to offer it - and I can't travel 1,000 miles to take
    it.

    Anyone have any suggestions? I have setup a lab network,
    and have begun studying the provided manuals.

    Thanks,

    Mark

    Mark, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Mark

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Mark" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > I have been using and servicing NT, 2000, & 2003. Have all
    > three in my network. I've been at this since 1995
    > (servers) and 1987 (PCs). I've never taken a cert exam.
    >
    > Now, I find that I need to learn and KNOW SBS 2003 (70-
    > 282), and would like to locate study material for it. MS
    > says that they have not published self-study material for
    > it.
    >
    > They have designed MOC 2395 for this subject, but no one
    > seems to offer it - and I can't travel 1,000 miles to take
    > it.
    >
    > Anyone have any suggestions? I have setup a lab network,
    > and have begun studying the provided manuals.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6530.asp

    The above is the only book I could find specific to SBS. Maybe write to
    to see if they have any suggestions.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

    catwalker63, Mar 5, 2005

  3. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/techinfo/books/default.mspx
    lists books and other resources for Small Business Server 2003

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
    do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
    purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Mar 6, 2005
  4. Mark

    Mark Guest

    This book is for SMS - Systems Management Server, and
    entirely different product for a completely different
    market. I cannot imagine a small business needing
    SMS.<grin>

    Mark

    Mark, Mar 6, 2005
  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Tom -

    Thanks. This is a list I wouldn't have found on my own. I
    have already searched out the eLearning stuff, and
    searched MS web for the test number and the MOC course.
    All they said was "sorry" about not having anything
    published, yet.

    Mark

    message

    Mark, Mar 6, 2005