    will be books or study guides available for it?

    Thanks,
    Matt
    Matt, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Matt,

    What are you inferring when you say "official"? Are you implying that Beta
    and the regular release are not close in the same? Exam objectives are the
    same. I feel that having the broad product knowledge of the subset of the
    product, plus understanding how to install and manage the product is a good
    beginning to being successful on the exam. The cantilever that will enable
    one to be successful in their attempt will be product knowledge and use.
    There is a trial offer on the SBS website
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/evaluation/trial/default.mspx
    where you can obtain the trial version of the software. Often,like in this
    case, Microsoft will offer a free version of the pre-release so that
    implementers can become familiar with the software. I try to take advantage
    of these as often as the wallet can afford.

    In as official books that are available on the subject, there is "free"
    training available on the MS website
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/techinfo/training/default.mspx
    where the free stuff will include white papers, webcasts, and live seminars
    in your local community. According to the exam matrix, there is not an
    MSPress book available (or planned, although I can't speak for MS, they've
    enough mouths). However, much of the online product literature, and the
    e-books that come with the product are often more than sufficient to learn
    more about the product.

    I failed the beta, without having done any of these things. But I didn't
    fail it by many points (689/700). So, going from knowing allot about
    Windows 2003 (which you will want to know all that you can about that before
    attempting the exam), and learning about SQL, IIS, Terminal Services, ISA,
    then knowing how SBS implements these servers; deployment options, etc; not
    to mention the differences between Premium/Standard versions of SBS, you
    should be alright. make sure that you know the exam objectives found here

    Good luck.

    Christopher J. Beasley

    Christopher J. Beasley, Jan 6, 2004