SBLive! 24bit v1.04.0055 new driver (Aug 1st)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Carlos wrote:

    > Creative Labs has released their new driver for both x86 and x64
    > in a single package.

    I wish they would make an Audigy 2 NX driver instead of sending
    out new drivers for SBLive! 24bit over and over again.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 7, 2005

  3. Seems like you'll have to wait a little bit more.
    Creative has promised your drivers for the fourth Quarter of 2005
    See the chart at:
    http://ask.americas.creative.com/wwenglish/general/xp_64_driver_matrix.htm
    Somehow you have basic apps for Audigy 2 NX at:
    http://files.creative.com/manualdn/Applications/AVP/8678/0x007EF529/BasicAudio_PCApp_1_00_03.exe
    These are the same basic apps for other Creative cards.
    Ironically they are 32 bit apps meant for the 64-bit windows.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 7, 2005
  4. Carlos wrote:

    > Seems like you'll have to wait a little bit more.

    Yes unfortunately.

    > Somehow you have basic apps for Audigy 2 NX at:

    They doesn't work at all here.

    Subject: Creative Audigy 2 NX and BasicAudio_PCApp_1_00_03.exe
    From: "Thomas G. Madsen" <>
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    Hi,

    I have a Creative Audigy 2 NX soundcard and according to:
    http://dk.europe.creative.com/suppo...onal x64 Edition&OS=23&DriverType=0&details=1

    - it should be supported by the BasicAudio_PCApp_1_00_03.exe driver.

    The driver installs fine and in Start > Programs > Creative I see
    three programs. Creative EAX Console, Creative Speaker Settings
    and Device Control but all of them just says: 'The audio device
    supported by this application is not detected. The application
    will exit.'

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 7, 2005
  5. Thomas:
    The BasicAudio_PCApp is just that: apps.
    There ain't no drivers there.
    It sounds funny Creative having released apps before the driver.
    Once you install the apps they complain because they see no driver.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 8, 2005
  6. Carlos wrote:

    > It sounds funny Creative having released apps before the driver.
    > Once you install the apps they complain because they see no driver.

    That's plain stupidity in my book.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 8, 2005
  7. You're absolutely right.
    I've checked their site in Asia and still no driver.
    Just basic apps.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 8, 2005
  8. Carlos wrote:

    > I've checked their site in Asia and still no driver.

    I'm also waiting on Epson, by the way.

    The 3rd. of June 2005 they promised to add the Epson Stylus Photo
    2100/2200 printer and the Epson Perfection 3200 Photo scanner
    to the following list within a week, but nothing seems to happen.

    <http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ViewFAQ.aspx?lng=en-GB&ID=KB050135EN&data=354ECF80483622405C4B8769B978446C458D2EEA1A0D465A0C939DFC39A9C3EEDoes>

    I'm afraid that the demand for x64 drivers just isn't big enough
    at the moment. :/

    --
    Regards
    Madsen