SBC and minimum required connection speed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by hanne, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. hanne

    hanne Guest

    Hello! Hope somebody can help me with this: Have dial-up via SBC Pacific
    Bell and get transfer speed between 2.2 Kbs and 7 Kbs according to CNet and
    PCPitstop.

    Do you know the minimum connection speed required of SBC, as ordered by CPUC
    (Califonia)? If not, where can I find out? Have tried CPUC's web-site but
    cannot find any relevant info. Also called SBC about 100 times but cannot
    seem to get anywhere. When asking what is the minimum they are required to
    provide we are told he/she doesn't know, but "somebody else will contact
    you". And, of course that's the end of it. Again and again.
    Don't expect if it will help, but are thinking of lodging complaint with
    CPUC. If we only knew what the requirement is.

    DSL and Cable not available so satellite is only other option. Expensive!
    Thanks in advance from Hanne

    Dell XPS R400 w/win98
    Dell 8300 w/XP-he

    hanne, Apr 7, 2004

  2. hanne

    one_red_eye Guest

    "hanne" <> wrote in message
    > Hello! Hope somebody can help me with this: Have dial-up via SBC Pacific
    > Bell and get transfer speed between 2.2 Kbs and 7 Kbs according to CNet

    and
    > PCPitstop.

    2.2kb/s to 7kb/s is about the range you'll get with 56k dial-up. Unless
    you're using 2400 baud...

    --
    I saw Elvis. He sat between
    me and Bigfoot on the UFO.