    Anyway, for the one or the other I need a sync cable - what do I need?
    regular cable or is there something special with the shoe of the D70?
    bw

    kitel, Feb 8, 2005

  2. kitel

    Jim Guest

    "kitel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > For my D70 I so much want an extern flashlight. Where do I find data
    > to compare these two? Or are they in complete different leages?
    > Anyway, for the one or the other I need a sync cable - what do I need?
    > regular cable or is there something special with the shoe of the D70?
    > bw

    I can't speak to the relative merits of the two flash guns, but I though
    that the SB800 used an infrared beam to communicate with the camera. If
    that lashup works correctly, it certainly beats have endless amounts of
    cabling to trip over.
    If either of them needs a cable, then you need the regular sync cable and
    the adapter for the flash mount. I don't remember the number, but it has
    been around for quite some time.
    Much older cameras than a D70 had no sync terminal.
    Jim

    Jim, Feb 8, 2005

  3. I have the SB600 which does most everything the SB800 does, including a
    super cool wireless mode. The camera and flash communicate through infared
    (I think) and you get the same exposure compensation and metering as if the
    flash was plugged right on the top of the camera. Also, the flash comes
    with a nice little stand/tripod mount for using it wirelessly. The flash
    also zooms in and out as you zoom your lens, and has excellent "bounce"
    exposure which I've really liked.

    Hope that helps!

    hotchkisstrio, Feb 8, 2005
  4. kitel

    Dave Busch Guest

    On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:48:57 -0800, "hotchkisstrio"
    <> wrote:

    >I have the SB600 which does most everything the SB800 does, including a
    >super cool wireless mode. The camera and flash communicate through infared
    >(I think) and you get the same exposure compensation and metering as if the
    >flash was plugged right on the top of the camera. Also, the flash comes
    >with a nice little stand/tripod mount for using it wirelessly. The flash
    >also zooms in and out as you zoom your lens, and has excellent "bounce"
    >exposure which I've really liked.
    >
    >Hope that helps!
    >
    >"kitel" <> wrote in message
    >> For my D70 I so much want an extern flashlight. Where do I find data
    >> to compare these two? Or are they in complete different leages?
    >> Anyway, for the one or the other I need a sync cable - what do I need?
    >> regular cable or is there something special with the shoe of the D70?
    >> bw

    Nikon SB600 and SB800 don't communicate with the camera by infrared.
    They use a series of preflashes.
    Everything I know, and then some:
    http://www.auctionmyths.com

    Dave Busch, Feb 9, 2005