    I don't have the manual handy; is this standard, and can it be
    overridden?

    , Jun 19, 2006

  2. Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just noticed when shooting in iTTL/BL that the shutter speed of the
    > camera remains a constant 1/60s even when the aperture is adjusted in
    > aperture priority. This is not the case in shutter priority, though.
    > I don't have the manual handy; is this standard, and can it be
    > overridden?

    There is a menu item on the camera that allows you to specify the minimum
    shutter speed.
    Jim

    Jim, Jun 19, 2006

  3. [BnH] Guest

    Unfortunately .. yes.
    For me, Canon Av mode is more suited for fill flash as the shutter speed is
    also adjustable.
    Whilst on Nikon iTTL enabled body as Jim mentioned, you can set a lower
    speed but it is fixed at that speed.
    Hence I normally use M mode for all my fill flash work.

    [BnH], Jun 19, 2006
  4. Jim Guest

    "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote in message
    > Unfortunately .. yes.
    > For me, Canon Av mode is more suited for fill flash as the shutter speed
    > is also adjustable.
    > Whilst on Nikon iTTL enabled body as Jim mentioned, you can set a lower
    > speed but it is fixed at that speed.
    > Hence I normally use M mode for all my fill flash work.
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    >>I just noticed when shooting in iTTL/BL that the shutter speed of the
    >> camera remains a constant 1/60s even when the aperture is adjusted in
    >> aperture priority. This is not the case in shutter priority, though.
    >> I don't have the manual handy; is this standard, and can it be
    >> overridden?

    Another way to circumvent the problem (with Nikon bodies) is to use slow
    sync.
    Jim

    Jim, Jun 20, 2006