    I guess some might pay for it... natives will get it for free.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 19, 2005

  2. Mike Dee

    steve Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:
    > Saturday night.
    >
    > Twelve days before I get locked out and become the auslander.
    >
    > I guess some might pay for it... natives will get it for free.

    But what if Molly drops her hanky?

    steve, Mar 19, 2005

  3. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    steve <> wrote in

    > Mike Dee wrote:
    >> Saturday night.
    >>
    >> Twelve days before I get locked out and become the auslander.
    >>
    >> I guess some might pay for it... natives will get it for free.
    >>

    > But what if Molly drops her hanky?

    Indeed, what if?

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 19, 2005
  4. Mike Dee

    steve Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:
    > Saturday night.
    >
    > Twelve days before I get locked out and become the auslander.
    >
    > I guess some might pay for it... natives will get it for free.

    I see....you are talkig about news.inidividual.net and having to pay.

    Took me a couple of days to work that out.....more a comment on how
    distracted I am than anything. :)

    steve, Mar 20, 2005
  5. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    steve <> wrote in

    > Mike Dee wrote:
    >> Saturday night.
    >>
    >> Twelve days before I get locked out and become the auslander.
    >>
    >> I guess some might pay for it... natives will get it for free.

    > I see....you are talkig about news.inidividual.net and having to pay.
    >
    > Took me a couple of days to work that out.....more a comment on how
    > distracted I am than anything. :)

    No probs. It was pretty [OT] anyhow, I should've aimed it at a more
    appropriate NG.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 20, 2005
  6. Mike Dee wrote:
    >>>Twelve days before I get locked out and become the auslander.
    >>>I guess some might pay for it... natives will get it for free.

    >>I see....you are talkig about news.inidividual.net and having to pay.

    > No probs. It was pretty [OT] anyhow, I should've aimed it at a more
    > appropriate NG.

    If all you need nz.* and comp.* then just ask.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 20, 2005
  7. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in

    >>>I see....you are talkig about news.inidividual.net and having to
    >>>pay.

    >> No probs. It was pretty [OT] anyhow, I should've aimed it at a
    >> more appropriate NG.

    > If all you need nz.* and comp.* then just ask.

    Thanks Dave, but it's OK. About a month ago when I found out Individual
    was going to charge, it forced me up off my lard-arse to locate another
    free news service. I found half a dozen :)

    Three of which are really excellent and cover the nz.* So I'm feeling
    pretty well set up now. Just saying farewell to Individual is all :)

    One of these 3, wouldn't be any good for you tho' Dave - Limited to 25
    posts per day ;-)

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 20, 2005
  8. Mike Dee wrote:
    >>If all you need nz.* and comp.* then just ask.

    > Three of which are really excellent and cover the nz.* So I'm feeling
    > pretty well set up now. Just saying farewell to Individual is all :)

    > One of these 3, wouldn't be any good for you tho' Dave - Limited to 25
    > posts per day ;-)

    eioe or similar... yeah, found that one.
    could you email me the others?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 20, 2005
  9. On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:15:28 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Mike Dee wrote:
    >>>If all you need nz.* and comp.* then just ask.

    >> Three of which are really excellent and cover the nz.* So I'm feeling
    >> pretty well set up now. Just saying farewell to Individual is all :)

    >> One of these 3, wouldn't be any good for you tho' Dave - Limited to 25
    >> posts per day ;-)

    > eioe or similar... yeah, found that one.
    > could you email me the others?

    Tell us all. The 25 users from Orcon need somewhere to go as well ...
    (apart from hell) :)

    wogers nemesis, Mar 20, 2005
  10. wogers nemesis wrote:

    > Tell us all. The 25 users from Orcon need somewhere to go as well ...
    > (apart from hell) :)

    Here is one place us mere Orcon mortals can start looking...
    http://www.newsservers.net/

    news.x-privat.org
    news.shared-secrets.com
    news.aioe.org
    news.sunsite.dk
    beta.readfreenews.net

    Pacific Dragon, Mar 20, 2005
  11. Pacific Dragon wrote:
    > wogers nemesis wrote:
    >

    >> Tell us all. The 25 users from Orcon need somewhere to go as well ...
    >> (apart from hell) :)

    > Here is one place us mere Orcon mortals can start looking...
    > http://www.newsservers.net/
    >
    > news.x-privat.org
    > news.shared-secrets.com
    > news.aioe.org
    > news.sunsite.dk
    > beta.readfreenews.net

    Just to note, I've only tried x-privat.org and aioe, so I'm not sure how
    the others I've mention fare. May try the others out tomorrow.

    Pacific Dragon, Mar 20, 2005
  12. Mike Dee

    bambam Guest

    Pacific Dragon <> wrote in news:3a51njF66aq5pU1
    @individual.net:

    >> Here is one place us mere Orcon mortals can start looking...
    >> http://www.newsservers.net/
    >>
    >> news.x-privat.org
    >> news.shared-secrets.com
    >> news.aioe.org
    >> news.sunsite.dk
    >> beta.readfreenews.net

    > Just to note, I've only tried x-privat.org and aioe, so I'm not sure how
    > the others I've mention fare. May try the others out tomorrow.

    sunsite doesn't carry any nz.groups, but is still ok.
    x-privat and aioe seem to be pretty good though.

    bambam, Mar 20, 2005
  13. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    Pacific Dragon <> wrote in

    > wogers nemesis wrote:
    >>
    >> Tell us all. The 25 users from Orcon need somewhere to go as
    >> well ... (apart from hell) :)

    > Here is one place us mere Orcon mortals can start looking...
    > http://www.newsservers.net/
    >
    > news.x-privat.org
    > news.shared-secrets.com
    > news.aioe.org
    > news.sunsite.dk
    > beta.readfreenews.net

    Registering with x-privat.org gives you news.x-privat.org and
    newsgate.x-privat.org the latter carries same groups as individual.net,
    two news servers for the price of one - free registration, that is.
    <http://www.x-privat.org/international.php>

    My favorite one is news.aioe.org, it suits my needs. It's as free as I
    think 'free news servers' could be. Free to use, but not abuse. Use it
    right now. No login or password required. But a word of advice. Read
    aioe.orgs policy page:
    <http://news.aioe.org/article.php3?id_article=32> first, before you do.

    Erm... Item 3 of the policy requires urgent attention, but it's Italian
    translated to English, badly. Maybe it's fixed by now?

    news.sunsite.dk is another university news server. Doesn't carry too
    many groups. At least not the nz.* heirachy, yet.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 20, 2005
  14. Mike Dee wrote:
    > My favorite one is news.aioe.org, it suits my needs. It's as free as I
    > think 'free news servers' could be. Free to use, but not abuse. Use it
    > right now. No login or password required. But a word of advice. Read
    > aioe.orgs policy page:
    > <http://news.aioe.org/article.php3?id_article=32> first, before you do.
    > Erm... Item 3 of the policy requires urgent attention, but it's Italian
    > translated to English, badly. Maybe it's fixed by now?

    ummm nope, thats pretty weird.

    heh, it wouldn't suit me unfortunately, I dont think I could limit
    myself to 25 messages a day.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 20, 2005
  15. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in

    > heh, it wouldn't suit me unfortunately, I dont think I could limit
    > myself to 25 messages a day.

    And is the news server I was hinting at as maybe not being suitable for
    you in my other reply this thread :)

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 20, 2005
  16. Mike Dee

    Rob J Guest

    In article <d1jj7c$6fj$> in nz.comp on Sun, 20 Mar
    2005 22:29:09 +1200, Pacific Dragon <> says...
    > wogers nemesis wrote:
    > >
    > > Tell us all. The 25 users from Orcon need somewhere to go as well ...
    > > (apart from hell) :)

    > Here is one place us mere Orcon mortals can start looking...
    > http://www.newsservers.net/
    >
    > news.x-privat.org
    > news.shared-secrets.com
    > news.aioe.org
    > news.sunsite.dk
    > beta.readfreenews.net

    ihug.co.nz

    Rob J, Mar 20, 2005
  17. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    Mike Dee <> wrote in

    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in
    >
    >> heh, it wouldn't suit me unfortunately, I dont think I could
    >> limit myself to 25 messages a day.

    > And is the news server I was hinting at as maybe not being
    > suitable for you in my other reply this thread :)

    Not trying to suggest that you're a mass-posting spamming p***k of
    course. I realise that you're far removed from that life-form.

    aioe.org is a good one to have regardless that it's limitations are
    strict, if just as a back-up for when your usual news server seems slow
    or down - and _you've-got-to-post-right-this-second_

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 20, 2005
  18. Mike Dee wrote:
    >>>heh, it wouldn't suit me unfortunately, I dont think I could
    >>>limit myself to 25 messages a day.

    >>And is the news server I was hinting at as maybe not being
    >>suitable for you in my other reply this thread :)

    > Not trying to suggest that you're a mass-posting spamming p***k of
    > course. I realise that you're far removed from that life-form.

    I understood what you meant.

    > aioe.org is a good one to have regardless that it's limitations are
    > strict, if just as a back-up for when your usual news server seems slow
    > or down - and _you've-got-to-post-right-this-second_

    well I have been in that situation.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 20, 2005
  19. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> aioe.org is a good one to have regardless that it's limitations are
    >> strict, if just as a back-up for when your usual news server seems
    >> slow or down - and _you've-got-to-post-right-this-second_

    > well I have been in that situation.

    oh yeah, another one I found was this one.
    yottanews.com

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 21, 2005
  20. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in

    > oh yeah, another one I found was this one.
    > yottanews.com

    Was looking good until I got to the FAQ page:
    <http://www.yottanews.com/faq.html>

    **/
    I have a free account can I get posting rights?

    No. Due to abuse we will not allow free users to post. We have
    several very economical premium packages that will allow you to post.
    /**

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 21, 2005