Say a prayer !

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rob L, Aug 31, 2007.

  1. Rob L

    Rob L Guest

    Hi group,

    for it is you that I come to seek advice (constructive only please!).

    Today, I yet again prayed to the 70-297 gods, and after consideration, they
    did decline my prayers. This is mildly frustrating as I have taken the
    70-297 prayer course (2282), and read the official (MS) 70-297 self-paced
    praying kit (many thanks Walter and Michael), I have taken the prayer test
    exams, kindly provided by Self Test and MeasureUp and still the MCSE gods do
    not shine upon my patch.

    I do not wish to follow the wrong path I.e. Braindumps et al, so it is you
    wise people I now turn. I feel I know my stuff and could provide a Sunday
    morning service on the merits / de-merits of 70-297. I wish to make the
    70-297 exam mine upon my next encounter, so your help and advise are much
    needed.

    many thanks

    Rob...

    Rob L, Aug 31, 2007

  2. Rob L

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Rob L" <> wrote in message
    > Hi group,
    >
    > for it is you that I come to seek advice (constructive only please!).
    >
    > Today, I yet again prayed to the 70-297 gods, and after consideration,
    > they did decline my prayers. This is mildly frustrating as I have taken
    > the 70-297 prayer course (2282), and read the official (MS) 70-297
    > self-paced praying kit (many thanks Walter and Michael), I have taken the
    > prayer test exams, kindly provided by Self Test and MeasureUp and still
    > the MCSE gods do not shine upon my patch.
    >
    > I do not wish to follow the wrong path I.e. Braindumps et al, so it is you
    > wise people I now turn. I feel I know my stuff and could provide a Sunday
    > morning service on the merits / de-merits of 70-297. I wish to make the
    > 70-297 exam mine upon my next encounter, so your help and advise are much
    > needed.
    >
    > many thanks
    >
    > Rob...

    If it wasn't for certain variations in your writing style, I'd think you
    were a certain Rob L, but you must be a different one. Perhaps you're his
    long lost twin.

    Frisbee®, Aug 31, 2007

  3. Rob L

    Briscobar Guest

    "Rob L" <> wrote in message
    > Hi group,
    >
    > for it is you that I come to seek advice (constructive only please!).
    >
    > Today, I yet again prayed to the 70-297 gods, and after consideration,
    > they did decline my prayers. This is mildly frustrating as I have taken
    > the 70-297 prayer course (2282), and read the official (MS) 70-297
    > self-paced praying kit (many thanks Walter and Michael), I have taken the
    > prayer test exams, kindly provided by Self Test and MeasureUp and still
    > the MCSE gods do not shine upon my patch.
    >
    > I do not wish to follow the wrong path I.e. Braindumps et al, so it is you
    > wise people I now turn. I feel I know my stuff and could provide a Sunday
    > morning service on the merits / de-merits of 70-297. I wish to make the
    > 70-297 exam mine upon my next encounter, so your help and advise are much
    > needed.

    For most people, you simply can't beat hands on studying. Do you have a test
    lab set up? Even if it's nothing more than one computer running VirtualPC
    (or something similar...we're equal opportunity here <ahem> and dont' want
    to start a flamewar about the merits of VirtualPC versus <another product>)?
    You've followed the right path so far, so continue on it. But whatever you
    do, don't slack on the hands-on stuff.

    Briscobar, Aug 31, 2007
  4. Rob L

    CBIC Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message

    > (or something similar...we're equal opportunity here <ahem> and dont' want
    > to start a flamewar about the merits of VirtualPC versus <another
    > product>)?

    It's VMware and it's so much better than anything else out there you'd be a
    fool not to use it.

    CBIC, Aug 31, 2007
  5. Rob L

    kpg* Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in

    > "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> (or something similar...we're equal opportunity here <ahem> and dont'
    >> want to start a flamewar about the merits of VirtualPC versus
    >> <another product>)?

    > It's VMware and it's so much better than anything else out there you'd
    > be a fool not to use it.

    This OP and the previous OP reveal a thought process that is flawed.

    Here the OP must pray to pass a test. The last OP viewed the test
    as an enemy to be conquered.

    People. It is a test of knowledge. If you possess the knowledge
    you will pass. If you do not posses the knowledge there are
    ways to get it that do not rely on the supernatural.

    I understand they're trying to be funny, but that's my job.

    PS - how 'bout them Tigers?

    kpg*
    0x22

    kpg*, Aug 31, 2007
  6. Rob L

    CBIC Guest

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    > "CBIC" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> (or something similar...we're equal opportunity here <ahem> and dont'
    >>> want to start a flamewar about the merits of VirtualPC versus
    >>> <another product>)?

    >> It's VMware and it's so much better than anything else out there you'd
    >> be a fool not to use it.
    >>

    > This OP and the previous OP reveal a thought process that is flawed.
    >
    > Here the OP must pray to pass a test. The last OP viewed the test
    > as an enemy to be conquered.

    I'm too lazy to change my current view. Am I the last OP? If so, WTF are you
    talking about.? If not, nevermind.

    CBIC, Aug 31, 2007
  7. Rob L

    kpg* Guest

    > The last OP viewed the test
    > as an enemy to be conquered.

    I meant to say some incomplete-run-on-sentence-responder to the
    last OP.

    Please understand it's Friday and I've been drinking.

    0x22

    kpg*, Aug 31, 2007
  8. Rob L

    kpg* Guest

    > I'm too lazy to change my current view. Am I the last OP? If so, WTF
    > are you talking about.? If not, nevermind.

    I recommend you start drinking heavily.

    kpg*, Aug 31, 2007
  9. Rob L

    CBIC Guest

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm too lazy to change my current view. Am I the last OP? If so, WTF
    >> are you talking about.? If not, nevermind.

    > I recommend you start drinking heavily.

    Already started. Drinking a Moosehead as I type this and yes, I'm still at
    work.

    CBIC, Aug 31, 2007
  10. Rob L

    kpg* Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in

    > "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm too lazy to change my current view. Am I the last OP? If so, WTF
    >>> are you talking about.? If not, nevermind.

    >> I recommend you start drinking heavily.

    > Already started. Drinking a Moosehead as I type this and yes, I'm
    > still at work.

    How long has it been since I told you I hate you?

    kp "we never seem to say it enough" g

    kpg*, Aug 31, 2007
  11. Rob L

    CBIC Guest

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    > "CBIC" <> wrote in
    >

    >> "kpg*" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> I recommend you start drinking heavily.

    >> Already started. Drinking a Moosehead as I type this and yes, I'm
    >> still at work.

    > How long has it been since I told you I hate you?

    It's been awhile but I appreciate the sentiment.
    *burp*
    Whoa, 'scuze me
    *fetches another cold one*

    CBIC, Aug 31, 2007
  12. Rob L

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg*" <> wrote in message

    > PS - how 'bout them Tigers?

    Croom got Zook fired, so it's only fair that Miles gets Croom fired.

    Frisbee®, Aug 31, 2007
  13. Rob L

    PAJ Guest

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:01:45 -0700, "kpg*" <> wrote:

    >PS - how 'bout them Tigers?

    Bah, stupid stripes.
    --
    Thx.
    Paul

    PAJ, Aug 31, 2007
  14. Rob L

    Jtyc Guest

    > It's been awhile but I appreciate the sentiment.
    > *burp*
    > Whoa, 'scuze me
    > *fetches another cold one*

    Yeah well I hope you die.

    /obscure movie quote

    Jtyc, Sep 1, 2007
  15. Rob,

    To pass the design test, its as much about your technology skills as it is
    how do you interact with your business customer. Also you need to have a
    consistent design plan based on Microsoft Best Practices.

    Prepping for this class is difficult with-out actually having design
    experience, the test writers have targeted engineers who design AD and
    Networks for companies of 250-5000 users. When I taught this class we used
    more giant Post-IT notes than ADU&C or Sites and Services. Take the business
    requirements and in Visio or Paper design an AD infrastructure and Network.
    infrastructure that meets those business requirements.

    HTH,

    Jeff

    Jeffrey W. Roach, Sep 1, 2007
  16. Rob L

    John R Guest

    "Jeffrey W. Roach" <> wrote in message
    > Rob,
    >
    > To pass the design test, its as much about your technology skills as it is
    > how do you interact with your business customer. Also you need to have a
    > consistent design plan based on Microsoft Best Practices.
    >
    > Prepping for this class is difficult with-out actually having design
    > experience, the test writers have targeted engineers who design AD and
    > Networks for companies of 250-5000 users. When I taught this class we used
    > more giant Post-IT notes than ADU&C or Sites and Services. Take the
    > business requirements and in Visio or Paper design an AD infrastructure
    > and Network. infrastructure that meets those business requirements.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Jeff

    Yes, that is exactly correct. Microsoft does want people with design
    experience. After all, certifications are all about certifying experience.
    I don't say that to be mean, but it is what it is.

    The biggest part of this test revolves around understanding what the client
    wants. Maybe they want to keep their bind dns structure. So you must
    design around that, not replace it because that is what you prefer. Once
    you understand what the customer wants, now you must decide how to implement
    that using best practices. For example, maybe they are trying to keep costs
    low and they have a site with only 15 users. Don't put a DC there, have
    them authenticate over the wan. Maybe those 15 users must be able to get
    in, even when the wan is down, ok, now put a DC there. Maybe the wan link
    is slow, and they have a bunch of unix boxes, so setup wins pull replication
    instead of push/pull. See where we are going?

    I must admit that when I took this test, there were several issues that
    seemed to be conflicting within each testlet. You have to stop and think
    about those (but don't stop too long). I would give it my first thought,
    and mark the question number down. Then, when I finished the testlet, I
    went back to any questions I was grey on.

    The other piece of advice is to read the questions first. The clock does
    not run while you are between questions. By reading the questions first, it
    plants seeds in your head of what to look for in the interviews. If you
    know there are no questions on WINS, you can skip over anything you read
    about unix boxes or bind dns for example.

    Good luck to you.

    John R

    John R, Sep 1, 2007
  17. Rob L

    John R Guest

    > I must admit that when I took this test, there were several issues that
    > seemed to be conflicting within each testlet. You have to stop and think
    > about those (but don't stop too long). I would give it my first thought,
    > and mark the question number down. Then, when I finished the testlet, I
    > went back to any questions I was grey on.

    I almost forgot.

    When you find conflicting design problems, for example, the CEO wants to
    keep costs down, but the IS manager wants everyone to be able to
    authenticate even when the wan is down, the golden rule applies. The guy
    with the gold rules meaning that you pay more attention to the CEO. So you
    need to pay attention to not only what the interviews say, but also who says
    what. After all, if you are walking into a customer site to do this, you
    will quickly learn that the golden rule applies no matter what.

    John R

    John R, Sep 1, 2007
  18. Rob L

    Rob L Guest

    Hi guys,

    many thanks for your comments and suggestions. I was at a loss as to what to
    do next, but your suggestions have provided some useful pointers. Onwards
    and upwards is the only direction, that's as long as I'm upright and
    standing!

    may peace and compliant users be with you!

    Rob...

    Rob L, Sep 1, 2007
  19. Compliance? What....

    Michael Gossett, Sep 11, 2007