Saw $5 credit at freelocalphonenumbers.com

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Ben, May 18, 2006.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Went to the site today. Besides the Free DID, and Voicemail, they are
    setting up accounts with a $5 credit as a free trial. Did not need a CC.

    Talked it up overseas
    Ben, May 18, 2006

  2. Ben <> wrote:
    >Went to the site today. Besides the Free DID, and Voicemail, they are
    >setting up accounts with a $5 credit as a free trial. Did not need a CC.

    Why does this feel like some kind of scam to me? Maybe it's:

    Age of site (10 days)

    Mispellings

    Essentially no info.

    Hawked by a guy from voipmadness (same registrar, same IP, not quite a
    month old).

    A come-on of "Today Only, the next 20 people...", which of course is
    the same thing it said on the 13th according to Google's cache.

    Maybe PT Barnum was right, but I guess the real question is "How
    stupid do you think we are?"
    William P.N. Smith, May 18, 2006

  3. "William P.N. Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Ben <> wrote:
    > >Went to the site today. Besides the Free DID, and Voicemail, they are
    > >setting up accounts with a $5 credit as a free trial. Did not need a CC.

    > Why does this feel like some kind of scam to me? Maybe it's:
    >
    > Age of site (10 days)
    >
    > Mispellings
    >
    > Essentially no info.
    >
    > Hawked by a guy from voipmadness (same registrar, same IP, not quite a
    > month old).
    >
    > A come-on of "Today Only, the next 20 people...", which of course is
    > the same thing it said on the 13th according to Google's cache.
    >
    > Maybe PT Barnum was right, but I guess the real question is "How
    > stupid do you think we are?"

    You might go straight to www.voicestick.com. They are legit and part of a
    larger company. Not sure what the frontman site is up to...
    Jonathan Roberts, May 18, 2006
  4. Ben

    Phyllis Guest

    William P.N. Smith wrote:
    > Ben <> wrote:
    > >Went to the site today. Besides the Free DID, and Voicemail, they are
    > >setting up accounts with a $5 credit as a free trial. Did not need a CC.

    > Why does this feel like some kind of scam to me? Maybe it's:
    >
    > Age of site (10 days)
    >
    > Mispellings
    >
    > Essentially no info.
    >
    > Hawked by a guy from voipmadness (same registrar, same IP, not quite a
    > month old).
    >
    > A come-on of "Today Only, the next 20 people...", which of course is
    > the same thing it said on the 13th according to Google's cache.
    >
    > Maybe PT Barnum was right, but I guess the real question is "How
    > stupid do you think we are?"

    I tried it out, and did not see that come-on. It took me to the site,
    and the sign up worked fine. After my sign up, I got an email with an
    "Express Code" to be entered in at the site to get my credit. I went to
    the site and had no problem entering the code.

    Aside from the fact that I got an "Invalid code" message and no credit,
    I'm no worse off for it. The strange thing is that the email came from
    i2telcom (the voicestick people) and not the front end people, so I
    have no idea what's up with that.
    Phyllis, May 26, 2006
  5. "Phyllis" <> wrote in message

    > I tried it out, and did not see that come-on. It took me to the site,
    > and the sign up worked fine. After my sign up, I got an email with an
    > "Express Code" to be entered in at the site to get my credit. I went to
    > the site and had no problem entering the code.
    >
    > Aside from the fact that I got an "Invalid code" message and no credit,
    > I'm no worse off for it. The strange thing is that the email came from
    > i2telcom (the voicestick people) and not the front end people, so I
    > have no idea what's up with that.

    I think the frontman is an affiliate. Haven't seen an affiliate program
    advertised though...
    Jonathan Roberts, May 27, 2006
  6. Ben

    Jackson Guest

    "Jonathan Roberts" <> wrote in

    > "William P.N. Smith" <> wrote in message
    >> Ben <> wrote:
    >> >Went to the site today. Besides the Free DID, and Voicemail, they
    >> >are setting up accounts with a $5 credit as a free trial. Did not
    >> >need a CC.

    >> Why does this feel like some kind of scam to me? Maybe it's:
    >>
    >> Age of site (10 days)
    >>
    >> Mispellings
    >>
    >> Essentially no info.
    >>
    >> Hawked by a guy from voipmadness (same registrar, same IP, not quite
    >> a month old).
    >>
    >> A come-on of "Today Only, the next 20 people...", which of course is
    >> the same thing it said on the 13th according to Google's cache.
    >>
    >> Maybe PT Barnum was right, but I guess the real question is "How
    >> stupid do you think we are?"

    > You might go straight to www.voicestick.com. They are legit and part
    > of a larger company. Not sure what the frontman site is up to...

    I almost missed seeing the $5 credit.

    You get a confirmation email from voicestick and in that letter is a long
    code number and there is a place in your account panel that will take the
    code and you do get your $5

    Service works fine, good quality. I have now upgraded to the unlimited
    Global plan for $24 a month.
    Jackson, Jun 4, 2006
  7. Ben

    ken sims Guest

    Ben Wrote:
    > Went to the site today. Besides the Free DID, and Voicemail, they are
    > setting up accounts with a $5 credit as a free trial. Did not need
    > CC.
    >
    > Talked it up overseas

    They must have made a change or two.

    The site you can go to directly is www.voicestick.com

    The do need a CC to register, but no charge was put on my card. (
    called and asked why the card and they said there had been severe abus
    ....go figure!)

    Anyway did get my $5 credit, but it is kind of easy to over look.

    It is a code that you need to input after you sign up.

    Everything is working fine, love the bridge so I can now make LD on m
    cell phone dirt cheap (Yeah I don't have a national calling program

    --
    ken sims
    ken sims, Jun 4, 2006