    do this on the basic WMP.
    Cheers
    Gary

    gary, Jan 10, 2005

  2. On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:36:36 -0000, "gary"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    > I have the basic Windows media player. When i download a tune, however
    >long it is, can i save it to "my documents", be it a 30 second bit of film +
    >music, or a 3 minute single!
    > My friend has the advanced WMP & she can save stuff that she downloads, be
    >it an emule album or a clip off the BBC! I don't seem to be able to! Can i
    >do this on the basic WMP.

    No. You have to pay. Apple's Quicktime, Forteinc's Agent and quite a
    lot of other software works the same way. The marketing theory is
    that a well featured but basic product is provided at no charge.
    Additional features are offered at extra cost. It's much like ticking
    off the high end stereo checkbox when you buy a car. It comes with a
    perfectly good stereo but if you want extra bits or features, you have
    to purchase a better option.

    Be thankful you get the basic for free.

    Swill

    --