    find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I could print it
    out.

    Thank you. Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 30, 2004

  2. geopelia

    Ionizer Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    news:XuzSb.28786$...
    > I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
    > I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find out
    > simply how to save a file to a CD
    >
    > I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I use
    > these?
    >
    > Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should click

    > find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I could print it
    > out.

    To save files to CD-R, use Nero. When you first launch Nero, a "Wizard"
    will pop up asking what you want to do. First screen: you want to burn to
    CD. Second screen: You want to "Compile a New CD." Third screen: You want
    to compile a "DATA CD." Fourth screen: You want to "Create a new data CD."
    The next, final Wizard screen will give you brief instructions about how to
    drag and drop the file(s) you want to burn into the project compillation
    window (the one on the left.)

    I would recommend that before you burn the CD, you *temporarily* de-activate
    your antivirus real-time scan feature.

    HTH,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 30, 2004

  3. geopelia

    trifling Guest

    What program would you use if you don't have Nero? Are the steps the same
    if you want to save to a DVD?

    trifling, Jan 30, 2004
  4. geopelia

    Ionizer Guest

    "trifling" <> wrote in message
    > What program would you use if you don't have Nero? Are the steps the same
    > if you want to save to a DVD?

    If you have a CD burner, it likely did come bundled with a version of Nero
    or EasyCD Creator. If not, there are several freeware alternatives for
    burning audio CDs. The freeware version of MusicMatch Jukebox will burn
    audio or data CDs:
    http://www.musicmatch.com/download/free/?OS=pc&MODE=input&DID=&OEM=MMD (If
    that link breaks try this one instead: http://tinyurl.com/6f33 ) I'm not
    sure that MusicMatch works with blank DVDs, though.

    The steps involved may vary from one piece of software to the next but the
    key thing to keep in mind is the difference between data discs and audio
    discs: Data CDs can hold any sort of file- pictures, software, mp3s,etc.
    Audio CDs will hold 80 minutes of music which you can play in your home
    audio or car CD player.

    HTH,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 30, 2004
  5. geopelia

    Sultan Guest

    geopelia wrote in news:XuzSb.28786$:

    > I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
    > I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find
    > out simply how to save a file to a CD
    >
    > I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I
    > use these?
    >
    > Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should
    > click to find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I
    > could print it out.
    >
    > Thank you. Geopelia

    Use Nero. You might want to practice with a cd-rw disk vs a cdr until you
    feel comfortable, you'll save a buck or two and avoid contributing to the
    rampant coaster population problem. Do us a favor and weigh the disk before
    and after the burn and post results here. It will help with a scientific
    survey on the weight of data in the digital universe.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 31, 2004
  6. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > geopelia wrote in news:XuzSb.28786$:
    >
    > > I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
    > > I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find
    > > out simply how to save a file to a CD
    > >
    > > I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I
    > > use these?
    > >
    > > Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should
    > > click to find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I
    > > could print it out.
    > >
    > > Thank you. Geopelia
    > >

    > Use Nero. You might want to practice with a cd-rw disk vs a cdr until you
    > feel comfortable, you'll save a buck or two and avoid contributing to the
    > rampant coaster population problem. Do us a favor and weigh the disk

    before
    > and after the burn and post results here. It will help with a scientific
    > survey on the weight of data in the digital universe.
    >
    > Sultan

    Thanks to all, looks like Nero so I'll give it a go. I've typed Hubby's
    memoirs and printed them all out but I would like a CD as well, just in case
    ..

    You are kidding about the weight Sultan, aren't you?

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jan 31, 2004
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > > geopelia wrote in news:XuzSb.28786$:
    > >
    > > > I have windows ME and Outlook Express 5.
    > > > I can't find anything in the Help menu or Microsoft tutorials to find
    > > > out simply how to save a file to a CD
    > > >
    > > > I seem to have Copier 2.1 and Nero-Burning Rom in my programs, would I
    > > > use these?
    > > >
    > > > Could somebody please suggest where I should look and what I should
    > > > click to find out? It's probably somewhere in the computer. If so, I
    > > > could print it out.
    > > >
    > > > Thank you. Geopelia

    > > Use Nero. You might want to practice with a cd-rw disk vs a cdr until

    you
    > > feel comfortable, you'll save a buck or two and avoid contributing to

    the
    > > rampant coaster population problem. Do us a favor and weigh the disk

    > before
    > > and after the burn and post results here. It will help with a scientific
    > > survey on the weight of data in the digital universe.
    > >
    > > Sultan

    > > -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

    > Thanks to all, looks like Nero so I'll give it a go. I've typed Hubby's
    > memoirs and printed them all out but I would like a CD as well, just in

    case
    > .
    >
    > You are kidding about the weight Sultan, aren't you?
    >
    > Geopelia

    I had a look at Nero in Programs, but it seems it isn't already in the
    computer and I would have to buy it. It is very expensive and I don't know
    if it would be worth getting as I don't copy music or anything, I just want
    to save documents.
    Maybe I should try floppy discs instead. I think I can just put them in the
    slot, is this right? Would I need to buy a special program?

    Thank you
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Feb 1, 2004
  8. geopelia

    Ionizer Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > > Thanks to all, looks like Nero so I'll give it a go. I've typed Hubby's
    > > memoirs and printed them all out but I would like a CD as well, just in

    > case
    > > .
    > >
    > > You are kidding about the weight Sultan, aren't you?
    > >
    > > Geopelia
    > >

    > I had a look at Nero in Programs, but it seems it isn't already in the
    > computer and I would have to buy it. It is very expensive and I don't know
    > if it would be worth getting as I don't copy music or anything, I just

    want
    > to save documents.
    > Maybe I should try floppy discs instead. I think I can just put them in

    the
    > slot, is this right? Would I need to buy a special program?
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    If you have not actually installed Nero previously, it's quite possibly a
    time-limited demo version you have sitting there. Since you don't burn CDs
    often, or at all, the demo version may be all you need. (Nero generally
    offers free demo versions of its software on their website, but there is
    currently no demo version of Nero 6 available for download.) If you like,
    you could install the freeware version of MusicMatch Jukebox which, among
    other things, lets you burn data CDs:
    http://www.musicmatch.com/download/free/?OS=pc&MODE=input&DID=&OEM=MMD

    Here's another idea, though: It's a text file you want to burn to disc.
    Text files are generally pretty small. You could easily (because of its
    small size) email that text file to a friend who already has burning
    software installed, and ask them to burn it to CD-R for you.

    And yes, Sultan was kidding.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Feb 1, 2004
  9. geopelia

    Ionizer Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    Another alternative: This freeware CD burning software was just recommended
    in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup: http://www.deepburner.com/

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Feb 1, 2004
  10. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Ionizer" <> wrote in message

    > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >
    > Another alternative: This freeware CD burning software was just

    recommended
    > in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup: http://www.deepburner.com/
    >
    > --
    > Ian.

    Thank you. I'll save your message and think about it.
    Copier 2.1 seems to be in the programs, maybe that would work.

    Your help is appreciated.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Feb 1, 2004
  11. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Ionizer" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Another alternative: This freeware CD burning software was just

    > recommended
    > > in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup: http://www.deepburner.com/
    > >
    > > --
    > > Ian.
    > >

    > Thank you. I'll save your message and think about it.
    > Copier 2.1 seems to be in the programs, maybe that would work.
    >
    > Your help is appreciated.
    > Geopelia

    No, copier 2.1 just seems to be for copying pictures and documents. I doubt
    it would work for a book.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Feb 3, 2004
  12. geopelia