    computer, how do I stop mine being changed when anyone else changes theirs
    (and visa vers)?

    Thanks Roger
    Roger Marriott, May 22, 2004

  2. Roger Marriott

    Richard Guest

    Roger Marriott wrote:

    > I know how to change the screen resolution, but so do all the users on my
    > computer, how do I stop mine being changed when anyone else changes theirs
    > (and visa vers)?

    Cant on XP, back on 2000 they were independent between users, but they removed
    that feature to allow the multiuser thing to happen
    Richard, May 22, 2004

  3. Roger Marriott

    Allistar Guest

    Roger Marriott wrote:

    > I know how to change the screen resolution, but so do all the users on my
    > computer, how do I stop mine being changed when anyone else changes theirs
    > (and visa vers)?
    >
    > Thanks Roger

    What operating system are you running?

    If using Linux with KDE3.2 you should be able to set the resolution as a
    user dependant thing. I'm not sure the XF86Config-4 file can be made to be
    user specific.

    If some form of Windows - sorry I don't know.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, May 22, 2004
  4. Roger Marriott

    a Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I know how to change the screen resolution, but so do all the users on my
    > computer, how do I stop mine being changed when anyone else changes theirs
    > (and visa vers)?
    >
    > Thanks Roger

    Read this:

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Win2000/Q_
    20967158.html
    a, May 22, 2004
  5. Roger Marriott

    Divine Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 21:48:48 +1200, Richard wrote:

    > Cant on XP, back on 2000 they were independent between users, but they
    > removed that feature to allow the multiuser thing to happen

    That doesn't make any sense to me - that they remove a user-specific
    configuration making one setting for all persons in a multi-user context.

    Surely multiple users should all have their own UI settings.

    Divine

    --
    The Queen's Mother: "Well I don't know what all you queens are doing,
    but this old Queen wants a drink."
    Divine, May 22, 2004
  6. Roger Marriott

    paul Guest

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_userdisplay.htm
    paul, May 22, 2004
  7. Thanks for the replies

    for the record I am using XP, silly of me not to say.

    I am about to try the utilities Paul put me onto.

    Roger Marriott, May 23, 2004