Saving received stationery in Thunderbird / error message?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Galaxy, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    I've looked in the available help and went to see what messages had
    been posted re this over at the forum. I belong to quite a few yahoo
    groups because of the graphics shares. I get some of the mail in stat
    form, too, some of it very beautiful and I like to save. Easy to do
    in Outlook 2000, but I haven't been able to find a single thing on how
    to do that in Thunderbird.

    Also, when I've tried to send some of those messages with stats from
    Thunderbird to Outlook (a different email address), the mail arrives
    with all the graphics of the stat stripped.

    I get this error:

    "There was a problem including the file http://:/ in the message.
    Would you like to continue sending the message without this file?

    OK Cancel"

    Anyone run into this and a solution?

    Thanks.

    Galaxy, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Galaxy

    Moz Champion Guest

    Galaxy wrote:

    > I've looked in the available help and went to see what messages had
    > been posted re this over at the forum. I belong to quite a few yahoo
    > groups because of the graphics shares. I get some of the mail in stat
    > form, too, some of it very beautiful and I like to save. Easy to do
    > in Outlook 2000, but I haven't been able to find a single thing on how
    > to do that in Thunderbird.
    >
    > Also, when I've tried to send some of those messages with stats from
    > Thunderbird to Outlook (a different email address), the mail arrives
    > with all the graphics of the stat stripped.
    >
    > I get this error:
    >
    > "There was a problem including the file http://:/ in the message.
    > Would you like to continue sending the message without this file?
    >
    > OK Cancel"
    >
    > Anyone run into this and a solution?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Um, do you mean by 'stat' stationary per chance?

    You can send and receive HTML mail in Thunderbird, which is all that
    stationary really is. However, Outlook sends using propiety MS coding
    (dependent on setting) which negates the use of almost any other email
    program to read it.

    If you are interested in sending and receiving HTML mail, then I advise
    the following newsgroup for assistance

    snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.test.multimedia

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 16, 2004