    Problem is at 6pm tommorow the download will be overwritten with the next
    show! :(

    HELP!
    N e v s, Oct 4, 2003

  2. N e v s

    Richard Guest

    N wrote:

    > I've been on tv, a copy of which is on the bbc website. But it's a
    > steaming
    > file so i can't save a copy for myself :(

    > I've tried opening the .ram in notepad which reveals the url of the
    > .rm
    > file, I try and right click > save as and it says "download could not
    > complete"

    > Problem is at 6pm tommorow the download will be overwritten with the
    > next
    > show! :(

    > HELP!

    Steaaming video does not get stored on your machine.
    You would need a capture utility to save it.
    Most I've seen are all shareware.
    "snagit" from www.techsmith.com is good.
    Since you were on the show, perhaps you could persuade the station to send
    you a courtesy copy.
    Or pay them a visit and ask.
    Richard, Oct 4, 2003

  3. N e v s

    Guest

    On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 15:45:05 +0100, "N e v s" <> wrote:

    >I've been on tv, a copy of which is on the bbc website. But it's a steaming
    >file so i can't save a copy for myself :(
    >
    >I've tried opening the .ram in notepad which reveals the url of the .rm
    >file, I try and right click > save as and it says "download could not
    >complete"
    >
    >Problem is at 6pm tommorow the download will be overwritten with the next
    >show! :(
    >
    >HELP!

    Find the link to the .ram file. Right click. Select: Save Link
    Target As . . .
    , Oct 12, 2003